Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (
-   General Posts (
-   -   Weekend Plans - Divulge or suffer the consequences. (

CTDon 05-08-2009 04:42 PM

Weekend Plans - Divulge or suffer the consequences.
Tonight - Nothing big...I want to hit the gym as things have kept on popping up all week.

Saturday - In the morning I have training for the fire department (Haz-Mat Operations refresher class) and then the wife and I are going to a wedding in the late afternoon - 4:20 start time. lol.

Sunday - Church, brunch with the in-laws at FILs country club, and then move in with the in-laws for our time in limbo between houses. Starting monday, every night the wife and I will come back at night after the kids are in bed to pack up the house. We still have 2 weeks (from today), but we want to get it done ASAP.

I'd like to get a run in at some point this weekend, but I SO don't see that happening. :icon_lol:

57plymouth 05-08-2009 04:46 PM

Tonight, nuttin a-tall.

mow lawn
tune customer's truck
go have Mother's Day with MIL in Greenville
watch Formula 1 practice

usher at church
Mother's Day with my mother here in town
watch Formula 1 race

Hockeyfan 05-08-2009 04:53 PM

Going to the hockey game at around 6pm. Once I get home it's Gears of War 2 time. SWEET. In the morning we have a Cinquo de Mayo (sp?) themed birthday party to go to for our neighbours boy who turns 2. Well he turned 2 on the 5th. After that nothing planned that I can remember. I hope to go golfing somewhere on Sunday though.

Good luck with the move.

MrBean 05-08-2009 04:58 PM

Saturday: Heading down to SF to hopefully get the last of the photos I need for my digital camera class portfoilio.

Sunday: Bouncing between all the mom's houses for mothers day.

mountain 05-08-2009 05:02 PM

4:20 start time eh, what's significant about that? :eusa_whistle:

Should be a good weekend, weather is looking nice and my wife is so ready for a break after her first week back at work.

Tonight: Friends offered to babysit so we can go out to dinner for our anniversary.

Sat: I got a hall pass to go kayaking so my wife can spend some quality time with the boy.
Sat night: BBQ with our group of friends. It's always entertaining when we all get together now since most of us have either infants or toddlers.

Sun: Probably do a combo of going for a walk at one of the local beaches, plant some flowers in the garden that we've been putting off and maybe give my wife some time to study for her board exams. Steering clear of brunches as there will probably be huge waits to get a seat.

mogwai dad 05-08-2009 05:03 PM

Tonight, searching car listings, tomorrow searching for car listings. Hoping the weather holds off enough to get some yard work done. Wife usually has a request for me to make her something as opposed to going out for a meal. Wife usually milks the day for all it is worth, which is fine. So instead of having a 2-3 hours to myself on Sunday I get none. I'll get those hours back on Father's day....I hope. I just work here. :morons:

North Country Dad 05-08-2009 06:01 PM

Trying not to puke. But, hey, the weather's supposed to be nice.

Bjorn74 05-08-2009 06:05 PM

I volunteered to help out the Philharmonic Chorus with Carmina Burana tomorrow night. Dress rehearsal starts at 9:15am tomorrow with a performance at 8. Sunday is normal church stuff. No real MD plans. Tonight is an unknown quantity. Maybe I can convince my wife to splurge on going to a ball game? They canceled tonight's Philharmonic Chorus rehearsal.

DarthDaddy 05-08-2009 07:09 PM

Today - YARDWORK (Cut grass, weed...)

Saturday - YARDWORK (Move 5 yards of Mulch)

Sunday - YARDWORK (Many things currently on the list)

I will be taking the older boys to the pond for some fishing here and there. They love it, I DON'T! I am not a big fisherman, but the kids love it so I go. Tons of Blue Gill and Bass in the pond. Yesterday 8yo dropped a line in with a worm and pulled out a fish. Release, Repeat.. 8 fish in like 15 minutes....

tt3 05-08-2009 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by North Country Dad (Post 164950)
Trying not to puke. But, hey, the weather's supposed to be nice.

I failed that miserably this morning. Both wife and I have a bug, she started last night.

At least the kids aren't effected (yet) *knock on wood.*