Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Weight Loss (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   2017 Weight Loss (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=14244)

TwoCubs 02-15-2017 12:34 PM

2017 Weight Loss

I just thought we needed a new thread for a fresh start this year.

Kwak 02-15-2017 02:34 PM

Good call. I need to get motivated. With V days and birthdays abound this time of year I've had setbacks.

gduck 02-15-2017 02:35 PM

Around the start of the year we got a fancy scale that sends results to my phone over bluetooth. Kind of interesting to see a graph of how my weight varies day to day. I'm on the border line of what I should be - I think not playing hockey this year is responsible for that. They have been keeping up with using my step machine so I think the next stop is to pay a little better attention to what I eat.

I tried using one of those calorie trackers before, but always after a week or so I got lazy about putting in what I ate because it always took a few minutes of clicking around to get it all in there.

irie feeling 02-15-2017 08:16 PM

Weekly weigh in.
Put it here?
Put it + or -for the week/ month/ year

Don-Dad 02-16-2017 04:50 AM

I'm on a weight loss journey. About 20 lbs over what I weighed through most of my SAHD career. Back injury last year and crappy eating habits at my last job were the culprit.

My new GI doc was a bit of a cornhole, said I was 3 or 4 lb from being morbidly obese. I was like, WTF, I have a bit of a belly.

I'd like to drop 30lb's this year. That would put me near my college graduation weight.

irie feeling 02-16-2017 09:17 PM

5ft 8 162.6 lbs, looking to maintain. And keep my heart healthy. My anti- convulsants are resulting in loss of appetite and weight loss.
Epilepsy be damned!

Kwak 05-14-2017 12:19 PM

I've been trying to curb my sugar intake and walk 3-4 miles at least 3x a week. Yesterday I was down to 201. FWIW I'm 5'10".

757dad 06-02-2017 12:40 PM

Not really weight loss story here but Wife and I have joined a Cross Fit gym. I am an avid runner and would continue to be but I had enough of paying different places for the wife to go workout. She is not really a self motivated workout person and thrives best in a 1 on 1 / personal training type setting where she can't cancel. So I am driving 30 minutes at lunch time to meet here and workout at a gym that is literally right next door to her office. Not super convenient for me but if it helps her them I am on board. Also nice to spend a little extra time with the wife where there are no cell phones.

jonnydaddy 06-02-2017 01:56 PM

Hoping to get some motivation in this forum, have been struggling with losing weight and keeping fit since we had our daughter 2 years ago

irie feeling 06-02-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnydaddy (Post 293538)
Hoping to get some motivation in this forum, have been struggling with losing weight and keeping fit since we had our daughter 2 years ago

Tough age.
Now that it's warming up, some daily brisk strollering?
Laugh away, but drinking a gallon (3 liters) of water a day has done wonders for me. May only get 3 pints some days but turns out I'm not so hungry.