View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Just Dad

Alright, I've been back on the wagon for a few days now. I tried to get my wife to "diet" with me and that backfired terribly. Not only did she not do it or read any of the material, but I fell back into old habits trying to compromise. She tried, but couldn't make it through the first day. So, I am going to do this for me, and maybe one day she'll come around when I show some serious results.

The best that I could get her to do was Sugar Busters with fruit. She says that she loves fruit too much and can't not eat fruit. She was very put-out when I told her how much carbohydrate many of her favorite fruits had in them--not too mention many of the starchy vegetables (sweet potatoes, corn, carrots) that she likes. Let's just say that it doesn't seem to be working too well for her. She felt that dropping below 50 grams of carbohydrates a day was too extreme.

I couldn't stand the blood sugar spikes, insulin hangovers (sleepiness), the regular feeling of being hungry, and the body aches. I had been feeling like I was 20 years older. I would wake-up to pee multiple times in the night, and in the morning, every joint in my body would ache.

I weighed 287 pounds yesterday. At least I didn't gain back to 310.

One day at a time.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati