View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Just Dad

Still getting positive readings on the ketostix. Depending on hydration, I'm getting a more or less positive showing. The highest coloring tends to be first thing in the morning and right before bed. I weighed on the Wii in the middle of the day yesterday and was down 4 pounds in three days. I know a lot of it is water, but still feels great.

I've had a few of the "keto flu" symptoms, headaches and a little weakness, but sure enough, a cup of chicken bouillon fixed me right up in a matter of minutes (20). I'm looking forward to the increased energy, and I will begin some exercise in a couple weeks after I'm fully keto-adapted.

I have noticed that I have been forgetting to eat during the day more often. I'm not really desiring food as much anymore either. I was all set to eat two burgers covered in fat and cheese last night but finished the first and felt stuffed. Saved the second for today. I may actually start saving some money on groceries with this.

I have noticed that since I'm not craving as much to eat, veggies haven't been a big part of my meals. I've gone a couple days without eating any, last night being an exception. I had a craving for a salad, so I made one covered in cheese, kalamata olives, olive oil, and a little Olive Garden dressing. Yum.

I'm going to weigh tomorrow morning (trying to not weigh more than twice a week) and hope to have made my goal weight for the two week period.

Funny, this is the first time that I have been on a diet and looked forward to holiday meals.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati