Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Apparently a new deal is in the works. My initial thoughts are that it seems very similar to the NHL model but I can't quite wrap my head around it.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 02-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Diaper Jockey

PECOTA released their projections yesterday. Many times they extremely accurate. Miss on some but amazing that they hit on a many of them within a few games.

Of interest here:
They have the Mets winning the NL East.
Defending Champ Nationals 2nd and Top Wild Card
Reds winning the NL Central with the Brewers in 4th and Pirates 5th
Cubs 2nd Wild Card

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 02-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm not surprised at all. The Pirates are in a perpetual state of half-assed rebuilding. They might as well be a AAA team.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 02-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
PECOTA released their projections yesterday. Many times they extremely accurate. Miss on some but amazing that they hit on a many of them within a few games.

Of interest here:
They have the Mets winning the NL East.

Defending Champ Nationals 2nd and Top Wild Card
Reds winning the NL Central with the Brewers in 4th and Pirates 5th
Cubs 2nd Wild Card

Wait....WHAT?! These projections were probably generated when Carlos Beltran and his amazing cheating machine was still the Mets manager.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Diaper Jockey

The Astros had a chance today to earn back a little bit of street cred in the baseball community and whiffed horribly. To me it is what it is. Am I outraged? Am I shocked? Do I think the Astros were the only team doing it? Would I be surprised if my own team did anything like that like the Cubs accused them of? Would I be surprised if the Cubs were doing it too? Does/Should anything surprise us anymore? NO!!!!

The proper response...."In the 2017 season we had an elaborate sign stealing operation in violation of the commissioner's memo to teams after the Red Sox Apple Watch incident a year earlier. It entailed X, Y, and Z. Given what we did people can either believer or not believe it, but we did not use wearable devices or buzzers to communicate signs in the 2019 season. We also had a code breaking system as reported by the Wall Street Journal earlier this week. We did it. We're sorry. Unfortunately we can't change the past and we don't know to what extent our actions influenced the outcome of games or the 2017 World Series. We apologize to Major League Baseball, the teams against whom we competed who may have been affected by our actions, and the fans. Everyone deserved better and we are going to work tirelessly going forward to make sure they get it."

Nope. We got....."The commissioner issued his report and we abide by his decision." But can you tell us unequivocally that you did not use buzzers, etc., in the 2019 season? "The commissioner issued his report and we abide by his decision." Is the 2017 championship tainted? "The commissioner issued his report and we abide by his decision." Should the players involved have been punished. "The commissioner issued his report and we abide by his decision."

Read.....We're sorry we got caught but we're not admitting a damn thing! Just disappointed the Astros won't be coming to Milwaukee this summer.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith