Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

It rained yesterday so nothing got done but three loads of laundry and a trip to the grocery store to pick up all that my wife didn't on her trip on Monday after we came back from vacation. I felt comfortable in resting on my laurels as I was up half the night hacking up mucus thanks to the crud I picked up on the cruise. Besides, I mowed the lawn and did a lot of weeding on Tuesday and was pretty cut up from those weeds that have little glass like jaggers on them.

BTW, a couple of weeks ago I saw a neighbor up the street showing his 11 year old son how to use the lawnmower. I tried doing the same with Joey on Tuesday but he got ignorant on me and flitted off. I need to find a way of putting my foot in his ass without him lashing back - but after 24 years I'm still struggling with a similar challenge with his mother.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 06-14-2018, 01:32 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

You got laurels?
I reckon it's too soon. I was 12 when I was given the chore to mow. Maybe he needs a couple more years.

Last edited by irie feeling; 06-14-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
You got laurels?
I reckon it's too soon. I was 12 when I was given the chore to mow. Maybe he needs a couple more years.
Yea, I got laurels - though I may have torn them out because of all the damn weeds. It's the PA state flower. You got em too.

As for chores, he's got one: fill the cat's dish. He needs more. Boys are disgusting. I'm tired of mopping up around his toilet. Since he likes playing Mario so much I'm tempted to hand him a plunger and a toilet brush and set him to work.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Yea, I got laurels - though I may have torn them out because of all the damn weeds. It's the PA state flower. You got em too.

As for chores, he's got one: fill the cat's dish. He needs more. Boys are disgusting. I'm tired of mopping up around his toilet. Since he likes playing Mario so much I'm tempted to hand him a plunger and a toilet brush and set him to work.
Yeah, filling the cats dish is something our two boys alternate doing - and they are pretty good about doing it without being reminded. Well reminded by us anyway, the cats let them know when their bowls are empty.

And yeah, I can’t wait until I can make them clean the toilets because they disgust those things up pretty quick. They both also eat like a pack of jackals. Crumbs and food bits everywhere. They’ll be sitting at the table and somehow they still get food on the floor ten feet away.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 PM
Trophy Husband

After running around yesterday all day getting ready for my son's graduation party tomorrow along with mowing the lawn ( my day was so busy my wife demanded I stop at 5:30 and relax with a beer) today I have a few small things to tend to before a few guests arrive to go to the Graduation tonight.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm already back from Children's Hospital after getting Justin's self inflicted head wound checked. It's nothing serious; he basically picked at an open wound and has steadily been making it worse. The doctor basically told the aide from the residence that they have to distract him from it so that it heals. It's not infected, just disgusting looking.

Ah, mental challenges.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

I unpackaged the generator, read the instructions, put the wheels on it, and made space in the garage to keep it stored. Fits right behind the swingingdoor to the outside. I don't see why it has to go outside. I'm sure I could dig out the sidewalks around the garage to get to where the power hookup is probably going.
Oh, I swept out the mouse poop.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
I unpackaged the generator, read the instructions, put the wheels on it, and made space in the garage to keep it stored. Fits right behind the swingingdoor to the outside. I don't see why it has to go outside. I'm sure I could dig out the sidewalks around the garage to get to where the power hookup is probably going.
Oh, I swept out the mouse poop.
The exhaust will kill you
Old 06-15-2018, 11:06 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
The exhaust will kill you

I think he was talking about having to be outside all the time. Most people store them in a garage or nearby shed.. Ikknow in CT the unit has to run at least 10ft. Or so away from a window.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
I think he was talking about having to be outside all the time. Most people store them in a garage or nearby shed.. Ikknow in CT the unit has to run at least 10ft. Or so away from a window.
You're both right.
The exhaust will kill you.

I'm thinking permanent storage. Fits in the corner. Behind side entry door in the garage. Move a couple things out, we good.