Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Enjoy the Jeep 757! I love driving the one we got for my son. Did you get a 2018 with the new cool LED marker lights? I know they also started putting back up cameras on some models this year as required by law as well. Start waving to your fellow Jeepsters!
This is my 3rd one. 1st car in high school was an old beat up Wrangler. Bought the Rubicon model right out of college but with life and kids that got traded in for a Pilot. Have the old JK model so no LED marker lights or back up cameras on this one. Have always loved them and been waiting for years to get another one.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Enjoy the Jeep 757! I love driving the one we got for my son. Did you get a 2018 with the new cool LED marker lights? I know they also started putting back up cameras on some models this year as required by law as well. Start waving to your fellow Jeepsters!
That doesn't sound very rugged, but I'd expect nothing less from a Chrysler product - not that the old ones were particularly safe. Do you guys remember the old ones that mailmen used to drive that would flip over on windy days? Our neighbors had one. It even had the sliding side door for easy ejection.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 05-18-2018, 11:19 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
That doesn't sound very rugged, but I'd expect nothing less from a Chrysler product - not that the old ones were particularly safe. Do you guys remember the old ones that mailmen used to drive that would flip over on windy days? Our neighbors had one. It even had the sliding side door for easy ejection.

Beyond rugged my friend. Those LED lights use very little power and the guys with the off road light bars save a lot of power.......that can be used for other upgrades!! I love my 4 door Sahara Unlimited that my son lets me use occasionally. Low and slow, great car for a new driver. Jeeps have to be among the top vehicles that hold their value.

Back to me. Did a few loads of wash, went to Costco and Supermarket to get supplies for a pasta dinner my son's volleyball team e are hosting Sunday night, drove 40 minutes to see my son's senior year long Capstone project he did for school. All the displays were quite impressive. We shall see if he wins an award. My son had to leave early so I drove him home and then drove him another 30 minutes to his away volleyball game that I could not stay for. Came home and mowed the lawn. Beer me!
Old 05-22-2018, 12:17 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

I was up on the roof yesterday removing gutter caps and cleaning out gunk that had built up. One of the downspouts was clogged. Swept debis off the roof, got the gutter caps back on in time to get the kids off the bus and take one to t-ball and the other to the playground.

I have a feeling today is going to be a bit more low key as Iím now sore all over.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

We have trees that drop some kind of seed and there was pollen all over the back deck, so I broke out the broom and scrub brush and tidied up. All the crap is gone but the deck needs a cleaning and today is NOT the day for that what with it raining and all. I can't really even mow the lawn.

Speaking of which, I've been letting the clippings lie and mowing twice a week. After two feedings that grass seems to be thriving and the weeds are beginning to get choked out. That's wonderful. I hope I can keep it healthy over the summer.

In the meantime, my wife wants to entertain on Memorial Day so I have a lot to do around the house both inside and out.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Trophy Husband

Due to the crappy weather I was delayed in getting outdoor furniture out of the shed. Now that it is finally done I can organize the shed and not have to unload and reload stuff just to get to what I need. I can also use the new found space to clear out the bottleneck the delay caused in the garage. Marky don't like clutter.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:49 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Iíve been painting the wainscoting and doors upstairs so that it all matches now. I really hate painting!
Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Iíve been painting the wainscoting and doors upstairs so that it all matches now. I really hate painting!

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 05-25-2018, 02:00 PM
Trophy Husband

Wash, shopping , mowing the lawn and hopefully just hang starting mid afternoon.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:22 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

It's official.
The keel has been laid for the
"I'm gonna finish this one by golly" ship in a bottle.
Found the plans on that interweb thingy that Al Gore invented.
Watched a ton of YouTube videos and put them in my fav list so I can get them in a hurry.
Read some books too.
Got the perfect bottle. Got a little block of wood and extras, plenty of rigging. SAils no problem. Made my own tools (Sh.)
Only thing lacking is putty for the sea, but I got plenty o' time till I need it.
Cue the song "too much time on my hands"

Last edited by irie feeling; 05-25-2018 at 08:29 PM.