Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

So yesterday I stepped it up a little...

30 Minutes interval on Elliptical.
40 minutes weights. (15 exercises, 3 sets of 12) Nautilus machines.
30 minutes walking outside around the Park District Trail.

I am beginning to feel much better.

As for why the machine? I am looking to tone and shape rather than BUILD! I used to be a what is refereed to now as a lunkhead. I was a free weight machine and had huge arms and legs. I had a hard time finding cloths that fit over my thighs and shoulders.

I do plan on returning to some free weights once I drop some more weight.

The Live Strong website has been a great tool. Since I worked out so hard yesterday I should have eaten more than I did. So today I am so HUNGRY! Need to balance that yet...

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I've found cayenne pepper and chili(with beans) to be an excellent snack or even early meal to maintain a high metabolic rate during a hard day of physical demand.

Physical work will make you discover aches and pains that no gym ever will. Work muscles are great but they plateau and cease to become an asset towards losing excess weight. I've become a fan of the muscle confusion and while not utilizing it in a passive environment, it's effectiveness in a dynamic environment has amazing results. Back in the day I'd write programs for bodybuilders and it was a challenge to match individual workouts with the individual based on their metabolic rate and consequent diet. The greatest challenge though was to get them to change their desires to match their goals....tastebuds and cravings are a bitch to overcome.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Cleaner upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaddy View Post
So yesterday I stepped it up a little...

As for why the machine? I am looking to tone and shape rather than BUILD! The Live Strong website has been a great tool. Since I worked out so hard yesterday I should have eaten more than I did. So today I am so HUNGRY! Need to balance that yet...
Nice routine. I was going to start at the gym with the little one in preschool now, but we have gone down to one car for daily use the timing isn't there. I picked up a LiveStrong 13.0 elliptical this week and am eager to get going on that in addition to my rowing machine. I really needed something for cardio and fat burning. That thing kicked my ass just getting it upstairs and assembled

Been enjoying all the fruits and veggies of harvest season but I'll need to start doing some more difficult menu planning to keep eating healthy with winter coming. I have 2 bushels of fresh picked apples waiting to be made into sauce this week for the freezer.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Duper Daddy

18 days until we hit the beach! Trying my hardest to bust my gut the last days before we leave. For sure I look and feel better than this time last year. Down 16 lbs and 2 inches in the waist. If I could only stay away from the after 9pm snacking!