Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy
Default My Weight Loss Adventure!

Well I am going to share what I am doing. I have really put on the pounds especially after working third shift at the hospital for a year. So I decided to make some major changes with the encouragement on the wife.

First I switched shifts and went from 3 nights 11:00p-7:30a to 2 days 7:00am-7:30pm (Sat / Sun) only. After a couple weeks I feel two hundred times better.

Second I dropped the Soda. took 13 days to get through it, but I have dropped 2500-3500 calories a week! No alcohol either... I pretty much stopped when I took the 3rd shift with school and the kids. No Soda, Beer... 1 Gallon of water a day!

Third I joined a Weight Loss Challenge for 10 weeks. Weekly weigh ins and scrutiny make it more of a goal. I also started eating better and using the livestrong website with their "MyPlate" app that tracks everything you eat quickly and easily. Tracks calories, protein, fat, sodium, carbs... Pretty cool! oh and I can win $125 netting $70.00

Fourth... I joined the gym at the park district my son has preschool. I drop him off in class and go a block to the gym and have over 2 hours to myself. I am doing cardio and circuit weight training. Will probably also spend time shooting baskets in the full court gym after my workouts! I also take the dogs for a walk at night for just over 2 miles, but T/Th might be limited until I am used to the workouts.

My Dr. has me at 284 now as of last week and the WL Challege has me at 287.2 Goal... 225! I was around 265 when I took the night shift.. Best adult weight was 217 when my middle guy was born. Before my mom passed I was about 240... 7 year slow climb...

I am tracking this on my blog and on Livestrong. Need to keep focused...

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!

Last edited by DarthDaddy; 09-16-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:34 PM
SAHD to RN

Nice job, Darth.

After this weekend I'm going to head back to the gym myself. I've only been running/biking for the past year or so, so I've gotten to be a flabby endurance person (I hesitate to use the word 'athlete' ).

I have my next HM on Sunday and then will hit the gym to prepare for the 'Tough Mudder' in NJ in November. I plan on doing another HM or two in between though...

Keep up the good work!
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Keep up the good work Darth. I gave up on trying to get to the gym with 5 small kids and started buying stuff on Craigslist and ended up with a pretty nice home gym. Been hard at it over the last 2 months. I don't have much or any weight to loose, just need to feel better. My wife uses the app. Lose It to keep track of her calorie intake/burn. She has dropped 30lbs since #12 was born in July.

It is amazing what excercise does for the "whole" man. Keep at it!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

I am down nearly 8 pounds in a week! 16 days off of soda...

The livestrong app is awesome!!!

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Soda is a killer at our age! I have been off Coke for a year and finally kicked sweet tea about a month ago. Sugar/high fructose corn syrup settles right in, on and around our mid section. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

This 2.5 hours with the littlest in preschool is awesome for working out.

Today...

30 minutes on the Elliptical
45 minutes Weights
20 minutes shooting baskets

AWESOME!!!

Still hand time to hit the library to get some books the oldest wanted and chat with the moms! Plus working out at the time I do the gym is really empty. Was talking to some old guys while working out.

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Cleaner upper

Awesome Darth! I only had one pop last week, though I did have a couple with meals the past two days during a long road trip; mostly for the caf. I did pick up Gatorade and water at the rest area vending machines instead of the habitual Dew.

I'm hoping to get my gym visits rolling next week. Thinking about picking up an elliptical when they are all on sale for New Year's. The wife and I are sharing 1 car now, so that would leave me trying to get to the gym in the Mustang in the winter. Not too good on snowy country roads. I already have a rowing machine.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Down 15 pounds in 26 days. Granted the last 4 does not really count. I got the flu and lost a ton of extra weight in 12 hours.

29 pounds is my first goal! About "Half way" there...

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

Great work Darth! Try mumps next. I hear you can lose a ton of weight with that!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Great job Darth! My wife hit a mile stone yesterday, dropping 40 lbs since #12 was born in July. She has not been at this weight in 7 years. She looks great... can you say hello #13!