Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Old 04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
You did it FOR him? While his phone and gaming priveleges are currently suspended? Wow. Did you ask how high he wanted you to jump?
C'mon! His sentence is over tomorrow! He has been very good about not playing or even using his phone. While we were siting watching TV last night he went on about how many projects he has going on in school and where he is at in all of them. The kids has it all together. He was to stay after for open gym today but it got canceled. He calls (on the school phone) and tells me he is still staying after so he can work on his projects without disturbances. You should all be so lucky!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:58 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
You did it FOR him? While his phone and gaming priveleges are currently suspended? Wow. Did you ask how high he wanted you to jump?

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM
SAHD to RN

So you're proud of him for not cheating on his punishment! I figured that would be expected, not the exception.

I understand he's a good kid overall, not taking that away from him. But I honestly can't wrap my head around preordering FOR him without him even being there....especially if a current punishment involves gayming. If it's up tomorrow, I'd go tomorrow or some other point throughout the weekend. Even if it's inconvenient, it's the principle of the matter, in my eyes.

You're a good dad overall though. I know of some of the things you've posted and that your kids are good kids. I'll just chalk this up to a lapse in judgement on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
C'mon! His sentence is over tomorrow! He has been very good about not playing or even using his phone. While we were siting watching TV last night he went on about how many projects he has going on in school and where he is at in all of them. The kids has it all together. He was to stay after for open gym today but it got canceled. He calls (on the school phone) and tells me he is still staying after so he can work on his projects without disturbances. You should all be so lucky!
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
So you're proud of him for not cheating on his punishment! I figured that would be expected, not the exception.

I understand he's a good kid overall, not taking that away from him. But I honestly can't wrap my head around preordering FOR him without him even being there....especially if a current punishment involves gayming. If it's up tomorrow, I'd go tomorrow or some other point throughout the weekend. Even if it's inconvenient, it's the principle of the matter, in my eyes.

You're a good dad overall though. I know of some of the things you've posted and that your kids are good kids. I'll just chalk this up to a lapse in judgement on your part.
Yup. Plus this game isn't coming out for a while. The pre-order can wait a week or a month. Wouldn't make a lick of a difference.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
Yup. Plus this game isn't coming out for a while. The pre-order can wait a week or a month. Wouldn't make a lick of a difference.
Nah, now he can play the "Shape up or I'll cancel the pre-order" card
Old 04-06-2013, 12:04 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Nah, now he can play the "Shape up or I'll cancel the pre-order" card
Good plan! I am very sorry if I ruined your weekend CTDon.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:33 AM
New Daddy

Most of the call of duty games are worth the preorder but more times than now I just get them after they are released.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadInexperienced View Post
Most of the call of duty games are worth the preorder but more times than now I just get them after they are released.
What platform do you play on?
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Trophy Husband

I hope my kid enjoys that game I preordered and started this thread about for the next few weeks. The new XBox One will be the new sheriff in town after that.

What might you think an Xbox console, a half dozen games, 2 wireless controllers and 2 wireless (Turtle Beach) head sets might fetch?