Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Beach Daddy

Default Runners

Wasn't sure where to start this but since this seems to be the exercise forum so to speak thought I would start a new topic.

Just ran my 3rd Half Marathon this past weekend. 1:46:32 (about a minute slower than when I did the same race 2 years ago). I am running a 8K for the local children's hospital in 2 weeks and then the Rock and Rock Virginia Beach Labor Day weekend. Always tougher for me to train in the summer with the girls not in school, but I would am going for a sub 1:40 at the Rock and Roll. I ran a 1:42 2 years ago.

Anyone else got races planned for the summer?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:43 AM
New Daddy

Not this summer, but planning on a half next May and then a full the following fall. Mostly need to keep up for my PT test for the national guard. AT coming up in two weeks and I haven't been out near enough this spring. (Late spring that it was for us up north)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I'm no marathoner, just a couple 5k's through the year, maybe work up to a 10k.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Super Daddy

I have run two fulls and six halfs - but in the past five years only one half and a bunch of 5-Ks. The half I ran last December was fun - enough to get me to think about another one. But I am slow - I shoot for the 10 minute mile, so for me a good half time is between 2 (if I am feeling good) and 2:20 if I am fun running.

Been doing some 5-Ks this spring... not much racing in Florida during the summer.

757 - did you do the Va Beach Rock and Roll? Those are fun races - I did the Country Music Marathon back in 2002 and the San Antonio half in 2009 - both Rock and Roll sponsored - cool races... congrats on the (at least for me) good race time.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Beach Daddy

Yeah I did the Va Beach Rock and Roll 2 years ago and am doing it again this year. They are a good time with the music and all the people.
I was supposed to do my 1st full in March but developed ITBS about 6 weeks out and had to take 2 months off from running. Deferred that to this coming year.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM
SAHD to RN

Sorry this is late, I've been away. Congrats on the finish and great time, 757.

I've done 2 full and 11 halfs, plus a warrior dash, Tough Mudder and a bunch of 5ks, trail runs, a sprint triathlon, etc. The last organized race I did was in '11, was training for a full marathon last spring but got sidelined by injury.

This past year in nursing school made me more 'beefy' than I'd like to be, so I signed up for another 1/2 marathon that is in September and may do another sprint tri in July. There is another trail race, a 5k and 5 miler this upcoming Sunday, but sadly I don't think I'm in any condition to tackle it. I've taken over half a year off of running and am just getting back into it, so I'm starting at ground level.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 06-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
Sorry this is late, I've been away. Congrats on the finish and great time, 757.

I've done 2 full and 11 halfs, plus a warrior dash, Tough Mudder and a bunch of 5ks, trail runs, a sprint triathlon, etc. The last organized race I did was in '11, was training for a full marathon last spring but got sidelined by injury.

This past year in nursing school made me more 'beefy' than I'd like to be, so I signed up for another 1/2 marathon that is in September and may do another sprint tri in July. There is another trail race, a 5k and 5 miler this upcoming Sunday, but sadly I don't think I'm in any condition to tackle it. I've taken over half a year off of running and am just getting back into it, so I'm starting at ground level.
I've done 3 sprints before I had kids. I have a great bike hanging in the garage that I have not touched in a few years. If I am not back at work once the girls are in elementary school (in 1 years) I would love to take a shot at a half iron.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:58 AM
New Daddy

I'm with tt3. I do a couple 5k's each year. I had really slowed down when the weather turned colder. Have gone out the past two mornings running in sub 20 degree F with lake effect snow. It takes A LOT of motivation for me to put on those sneaks.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Super Daddy

Send a message via MSN to troy00690

I have been a serious runner for two years now. Three half's, many 10k, to many 5k's and a lit of mud runs and a tough mudder. Battling an injury right and it sucks. No running for a while. I have a Disney half marathon in Jan and need to be somewhat ok for it.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Hey, I was told the pain in my foot was hammer toe, how much fun is that?!? :(