Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Daddy

Default Willing to Humiliate Myself

So I have my stepson helping me get in shape. That said, having worked with a professional trainer in the past and given the personal experience of the I juries I experienced when trying to do it on my own, I think I need to talk to him about the intensity level. I have work tonight, freight team at Home Depot, and I can barely move. Good to be doing stuff again though.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Old 01-30-2014, 01:31 AM
Trophy Husband

Good luck Ben, saw you mentioned it in another thread. 2-3 days from now you will be fine. Just get back and get rid of those acids in your soon to be toned muscles. Keep it up!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Daddy

I haven't needed much of a workout plan with all the snow lately. Even days after, there's ice to break up, the opportunity to widen the driveway a bit more, the chance to reclaim a little bit more of the sidewalk. Works out well, since my "trainer" went and got himself hit in the head twice over the weekend (Friday and Saturday, didn't tell us until Sunday) and has himself a concussion.

I was getting in the shower the other day, and when I flexed in the mirror, I could actually see a difference. I felt all kinds of sexy.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Old 02-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Daddy

This past week has involved plenty of taking advantage of the few warm days and doing some walking around town. More hours at work too, so that's keeping the muscles busy.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Daddy

Didn't have a planned workout yesterday, but work had me packing out paint last night, so I'm a bit sore. I didn't like the fact that it landed on a fast day. Coulda used a lot more calories.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Daddy

The past few days, the utility sink in the basement has been clogged. Usual means haven't fixed it, and we don't have it in the budget to call the pros right now. So a could times a day I have to grab the bucket head wet vac and vacuum it out, since the drain for the kitchen sink and dishwasher runs down the same pipe as that sink. Half a sink is about 3-4 buckets that I'm bringing upstairs to dump. I guess that's my workout plan for the moment.

It kind of inspires me, as I have a goal eventually to be able to carry my wife, and it hit me that this works the same muscle groups. She doesn't think I'll ever be able to do it (one of the few areas where she doubts me), which just makes me want to do it more. So I'm a romantic, and I'm stubborn to the extreme.

Last edited by BenSr; 03-10-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Daddy

Ten buckets on the day for me. I don't know what I'm gonna do for a workout once the sink is unclogged.