Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to floridamcmarion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muz
Our 2-8 inches of snow predicted for last week fell as 1.5 inches of rain instead.
Muz, I know what it's like if you get snow in your area. I lived in Sheridan for 3 years and hated it every time it snowed. I would wait to drive as long as possible so as many idiots as possible were already parked in the ditch. I grew up in Eastern Oregon, so I was one of the few in the valley who had much experience driving in snow and ice. The worst was when I had to drive in Portland in snow or ice.

Some people collect stamps......but me......I collect children. If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!

Joey 5/7/95
Bryan 9/3/00
Faith 8/5/04
Old 12-06-2005, 12:18 AM
Muz

Last winter was our first one in Oregon. We didn't get any snow, but did spend a weekend hunkered down after an ice storm. It was fun watching the local news while we warmed by the fire.

I grew up in Michigan and learned to drive in snow there. I've only driven in snow 2 times in the past 8 years however. This year, we were home for TG and I got to do it again. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I only ditched the in-laws car once. I was the only one in the car and the snow bank was soft. I worked it out of the ditch and there was no damage, so I figure no sense in telling them. :twisted:
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Daddy

Marion, what part of eastern oregon did you grow up in? I went to high school in Bend (central oregon) and went to the U of O. I know what Muz means about the other drivers. Learning to drive in the mountains and then having to drive around people that haven't is a scary thing. They would really be better off just staying home.. and out of the way. Yeh, drove in an ice storm in Portland once. Went to a Kansas/Cheap Trick concert and Cheap Tricks trucks had flipped and destroyed all their equipment. There was about 1000 people who made the show, and Kansas rocked for two hours straight. Only problem was I wrecked my mom's car on the way home from my friends house. Ah, good times...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:44 AM
flapjack

Default temp

3F on its way down to -6F tonight. 3 to 5 inches of snow.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:16 AM
young-blalock

Crazy, crazy. It's barely rained this year and we're getting 1 to 3 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow. ](*,)
Old 12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Daddy

It’s been -13 and snowing off and on all week; about an inch and a half snow total. We don’t get much snow here, what does fall is pretty dry and fine.

Winter driving is second nature to me. I learned to drive in winter, passed my drivers exam in a blizzard.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
My Trike Kicks @$$

Send a message via ICQ to DarthDaddy Send a message via AIM to DarthDaddy Send a message via MSN to DarthDaddy Send a message via Yahoo to DarthDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowCecil
It’s been -13 and snowing off and on all week; about an inch and a half snow total. We don’t get much snow here, what does fall is pretty dry and fine
Is that - 13 C??

Right now it is currently 1 F (-17 C)

When I got up it was -6 F (-21 C)

Our Average LOW for this time of year is about 23 F (-5 C)

When I walk out the door my skin HURTS!!! I have been warming up the VAN in the morning and taking my son to the School Bus. When the bus arrives he gets out then on the bus. We all stay a bit warmer that way.

Darth-Daddy... Stuck on HOTH

XBOX LIVE ID: WONKEMTEL

Mmmmmm....Pancakes!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to floridamcmarion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaddy
When I walk out the door my skin HURTS!!! I have been warming up the VAN in the morning and taking my son to the School Bus. When the bus arrives he gets out then on the bus. We all stay a bit warmer that way.

Darth-Daddy... Stuck on HOTH
Darth-Daddy, I just looked on Travelocity and you could be in Fort Myers, Florida tomorrow evening for $177.60 per person, including taxes and fees!

Flee the dark side......come to the light!

Some people collect stamps......but me......I collect children. If I collect any more I'll have to trade my van in for a bus!

Joey 5/7/95
Bryan 9/3/00
Faith 8/5/04
Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Super Nice Dad

Still snowing here, might be up to almost a foot by now. It will be a choir to get the kids outside while I snowblow the driveway or the wifey won't be making it in the driveway. hmmm, that might not be such a bad idea, making here walk in the snow past her knees.

HockeySave.com
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Daddy

-13 F, -25 C this morning, ideal ice-fishing weather.

When I went to get the paper this morning my hands were still a little damp from washing them. My hand froze to the storm door handle, nice!

It’s warming now; we should be at 50 F, 10 C by Friday.