Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Good morning
Old 03-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Had some wine last night... and tequila.
Baaad idea.

mornin'.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Excellent, Kwak. That sounds promising.

Good morning, guys. We had a couple real estate agents over yesterday to look at the house and give us some ideas on listing. Looks like the roof will need to be replaced before closing one way or another. You definitely want to interview multiple agents for something like this. Anyway, fairly good news. Now I just have to see about getting this roof replaced. We had been meaning to do it since we moved in, but you know, we were DINKs and didn't know what money we had.

Oh well, the high is supposed to be 77, so I'm going to try and enjoy the day.
So your dream of moving is coming to a reality but has a 5 figure price tag? How's the HVAC in the house? The two usually go together. I know this from experience. Check the hot water heater too. They're designed to only last 10 years.

My wife is trying her best to get us to move but she's being passive aggressive about it. She has her reasons to move and I have my reasons to stay but in the end it just doesn't make financial sense for a slew of reasons that I can recite on demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Had some wine last night... and tequila.
Baaad idea.

mornin'.
What were you thinking, T? Was there reason to celebrate or did you have a baaad day? If the latter now you have TWO baaad days.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
What were you thinking, T? Was there reason to celebrate or did you have a baaad day? If the latter now you have TWO baaad days.
Aaah, see, there wasn't thinking involved. It was a Wednesday?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Very fortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Aaah, see, there wasn't thinking involved. It was a Wednesday?

Morning all ,,little girl was in the ER getting breathing treatments and an IV last night ,her oxygen levels were down to 91% ...Fun times ,,just glad the wife is off today .
Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Dad in Training

Mornin' gents! Glad to see we're up and running this morning. I need coffee!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Beach Daddy

Morning all. Cleaning away this am.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Career SAHD

Morning. Geez, feed, is your daughter doing OK now? ER is never fun.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
Good morning, guys. We had a couple real estate agents over yesterday to look at the house and give us some ideas on listing. Looks like the roof will need to be replaced before closing one way or another. You definitely want to interview multiple agents for something like this. Anyway, fairly good news. Now I just have to see about getting this roof replaced. We had been meaning to do it since we moved in, but you know, we were DINKs and didn't know what money we had.
Be advised, most agents are bullshitters just looking to get your listing. It is up to YOU to know the market. Just because they give you a number you want to hear don't fall in love with the idea. I predicted the sale price of my last house withing 5K before I talked to an agent. You HAVE to be realistic.

Maybe more important than talking to Real Estate agents is hiring your own home inspector prior to going on the market. You might as well minimize any negotiating issues before a potential buyer can hold them over your head. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Just Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Be advised, most agents are bullshitters just looking to get your listing. It is up to YOU to know the market. Just because they give you a number you want to hear don't fall in love with the idea. I predicted the sale price of my last house withing 5K before I talked to an agent. You HAVE to be realistic.

Maybe more important than talking to Real Estate agents is hiring your own home inspector prior to going on the market. You might as well minimize any negotiating issues before a potential buyer can hold them over your head. Good luck.
Word. I made myself a student of real estate before we bought the house. Location, location, location and all. My listing numbers and their numbers were right in line. Their approaches were different from one another but very realistic. Both agreed on the roof as did I. I'm of the school of thought of if it ain't real broke, don't fix it. Well, the roof never leaked and has seen us through much hail and straight line winds. Anyway, thanks for the caution.

FTM, I hope the little one feels better soon and you guys are home now. Hospitals are never fun. I looked at them with a bit of wonder and curiosity until we were there four days when the kids were born. Now I have a very healthy aversion to them.

On another note, I went to Sam's club with the kids to do some morning shopping and the air smelled wonderful. Nice warm moist air blowing from the south with a bit of overcast. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and I was in Hawaii all over again. What a beautiful day!

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati