Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I actually finished up the patio door install this weekend. I can't tell ya the last time I actually completed a project like that! (There is still some tiling to do in our bathroom remodel of seven years ago. :P )

Smoking meat sounds fun. Our neighbor has a green egg that he uses a lot.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:28 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I spent all day Saturday raking leaves only to have my neighbor's landscaper come and blow leaves through my fence.

Yes Mark, it was off my pear tree (which is taller than my 2 story house but does not extend past my fence to his yard) but that still isn't cool. I have 16 trees on my little lot and about 40 shrubs and bushes that are leaf magnets. There were leaves blown into thorny bushes and into my mulch beds. Luckily I found my gloves otherwise I'd be all cut up. Next time I see my neighbor though I'm going to have a friendly little chat.

I ended up making a day of it and got the entire back yard raked. I even went so far as to bring out the extension ladder and saw off some limbs from 3 pin oaks on the other side of my back yard that do overhang my fence and deposit leaves in his yard. He doesn't seem to care but I needed to trim some overhanging limbs. I ran out of light but tomorrow I'm going to rake outside the fence on his side, then I'm tackling the dead grass on my hillside. I dragged the limbs on top of the hill and need to cut them up so that they break down faster.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-29-2018, 12:59 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I admit, I have been resting on my laurels. I need to get back into the swing of things and would like to add some "smart" features to our home.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
I admit, I have been resting on my laurels. I need to get back into the swing of things and would like to add some "smart" features to our home.
We did the ďsmartĒ thermostat a couple years back and it actually did make a difference on our energy bills. It has a geofence feature so when neither the wife or I are within a couple miles of the house the heat or a/c automatically turn down. Itís especi nice for trips as I always forget to turn the thermostat down before we leave.

I kind of want to do something about the lights next since the wife is one of those people who wakes up and turns every light in the house on. Then her and the kids leave and I have to roam the house turning off all the lights.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:24 PM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Then her and the kids leave and I have to roam the house turning off all the lights.
I feel like this is my routine M-F. Take kids to bus stop, help wife get out the door to work, and then turn every light off.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:25 AM
Trophy Husband

Did the back and forth on the Port Jefferson Ferry today for a Memorial service for my MIL's best friend. From CT to Long Island, service, lunch and back across the pond. Came home and made it to my son's basketball game which they won and are in the State Playoffs.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Congrats to your sonís team, Mark! Good luck to them in the playoffs.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Beach Daddy

orthodontist appointment for the youngest before school, 8 mile trail run, cleaned the youngest (who is turning into a pack rat hiding behind the guise of crafting) room. I am planning (and have been for a while now)on doing some things to our master closet- we have lots of wasted space and I need to add some shelves. Some days it feels like groundhog day here. Off to school, clean/laundry, plan dinner, reset.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Trophy Husband

After cleaning the basement I spent almost 3 hours scraping and chipping an inch of ice off my driveway. I would rather deal with a foot of snow. Bushed! I will count that as my workout for today. I still have a 10 x 10 area that did not get much sun on it today. Hopefully I can get that area tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Mark, you probably have a bigger basement than me but that was my day yesterday - though to be fair I only cleared off half my basement so that I could use my workbench and I half assed my driveway. I also had to redo the triangular section of trim on my wainscoting which was a PITA. I was AP math back in the day Iíve totally forgotten trigonometry.