Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

I do like minor league baseball. I prefer it over the major leagues. We can afford tickets, beers, hotdogs parking without taking out a 2nd mortgage.
We like to get a suite a grab family and friends and go together. Split the cost.
In Jersey, Sparky Lyle was coaching the Somerset Patriots. Now he's just a celebrity. Part coach.
Tickets were $5!
Out here within 1 hr we have the Lehigh valley iron pigs (Allentown) and Sussex county Miners (Augusta NJ) and somebody in Scranton. It's family friendly; fireworks every night game, Kids run the bases, always free gear day.
Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

To answer your question: Trenton is too far. I wouldn't pay to go see the Binghampton "my little ponies."

Last edited by irie feeling; 06-18-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

The Phills are in Phirst!?
Old 07-18-2018, 12:27 AM
Trophy Husband

So at the All Star Game break my Mets are nose diving after an 11-1 start and the Yanks are 4.5 games out of first place after early on after being anointed Vegas favorites to win the World Series this season. The allegedly stacked Yanks are now bellyaching that they will not win the Machado sweepstakes. WTF? I thought they were stacked? With very few injuries to stars thus far this season they seem to be a bit nervous.

In other news, congrats to Bryce Harper for winning the HR derby last night at his home field. He did not participate in previous years knowing all too well the toll it takes. Good luck Bryce in the second half. Me thinks it will hurt your free agent contract potential. Who wants to throw stupid $ at a .214 batting average?
Old 07-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Very fortunate

Go Buccos ,,eh ,never mind ,lets just get the football season started
Old 07-18-2018, 11:44 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post
Go Buccos ,,eh ,never mind ,lets just get the football season started
They’re getting hot again, Matt. We’re still boycotting them though. Wife is pissed that they traded Cutch - even though he’s not the player he once was.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
So at the All Star Game break my Mets are nose diving after an 11-1 start and the Yanks are 4.5 games out of first place after early on after being anointed Vegas favorites to win the World Series this season. The allegedly stacked Yanks are now bellyaching that they will not win the Machado sweepstakes. WTF? I thought they were stacked? With very few injuries to stars thus far this season they seem to be a bit nervous.

In other news, congrats to Bryce Harper for winning the HR derby last night at his home field. He did not participate in previous years knowing all too well the toll it takes. Good luck Bryce in the second half. Me thinks it will hurt your free agent contract potential. Who wants to throw stupid $ at a .214 batting average?
I was reading on Yahoo news, ( great source/NOT) that he cheated and should be disqualified. His Dad threw the last balls to soon. The previous balls had not landed.
A rule violation.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Diaper Jockey

Ohhhhh!!!!.....The Brew Crew! Fun first half. Now 2.5 games behind the Cubs. Unfortunately I don't think they'll sniff first place again this year. Offense is streaky. Bullpen wearing down. Don't have a starter who would be better than a #3 on any of the teams ahead of them - and that may even be a stretch.
Losing 7 or 8 to the Marlins and Pirates? Go 3-5 at least? Nope, 1-7. Five game sweep!?

The thing you need to know about Cubs fans is that if they lose anything, it's a curse, Steve Bartman, or someone cheated. They never get beat, things are just taken from them.

Josh Hader blew up in the All Star Game, giving up a 3 run homer and then got blown up after the game for "racist and homophobic Tweets" he sent we he was 17.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...opriate-tweets

Many of the Tweets were quotes from rap songs. But thus is the age in which we live. This guys life will never be the same because of something stupid he Tweeted in high school.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Very fortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
They’re getting hot again, Matt. We’re still boycotting them though. Wife is pissed that they traded Cutch - even though he’s not the player he once was.
Its just sad that the last time we fans had any hope for a long playoff run was in the early 90's!