Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2016, 05:44 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
For me it's going to be bad when I get Civ 6 on my computer. I have wasted far too many hours on Civ V. Always loved long strategy type games.
Just bought a new laptop and the first thing I did was buy Civ V Complete Edition, IV was the last one I played.

Addicted again
Old 10-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Our tv stopped working so my dreams of xbone is gone. Might be able to buy/borrow/steal in-laws working 360 though, so at least I can play borderlands again.

...that's my input to this thread. :P
Old 10-31-2016, 12:04 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Our tv stopped working so my dreams of xbone is gone. Might be able to buy/borrow/steal in-laws working 360 though, so at least I can play borderlands again.

...that's my input to this thread. :P
Old 11-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Just bought a new laptop and the first thing I did was buy Civ V Complete Edition, IV was the last one I played.

Addicted again
What a great series- it has been a long time since I have played that but reading this thread I am now thinking of getting it. I tried it on the Ipad and it was terrible.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
What a great series- it has been a long time since I have played that but reading this thread I am now thinking of getting it. I tried it on the Ipad and it was terrible.
Yeah, Civ Revolutions, that's the one on the iPad. It's sort of the Fisher Price version.. "My first Civ game!" Civ 6 apparently borrowed the graphic styling from it though, which irks me, but I'm sure i'll get used to it since they completely revamped how cities work in the game along with a ton of other changes. But for now waiting until it goes on a Steam sale (which might be awhile since it just came out). Civ V still can suck a day away from me if I'm not careful.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Well it looks like this family is going to upgrade to a Playstation 4 this Christmas. My wife found a good deal, and some offer combined with something on her credit card and some other app she uses, yadda, yadda. So she picked it up the other day and it's hiding in our basement.

Guess this means the XBox360 is going to relocate to our bedroom.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Good deal if anyone is in the market for an Xbox one, it's open box though

https://electronics.woot.com/offers/..._cat_elec_13_1
Old 11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Oh man oh man oh man
Old 11-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Beach Daddy

My favorite all time game was EA NCAA Football. I started buying it all the way back on the original playstation. Wasted a ton of time in college and post college pre wife days playing the dynasty feature. EA had to end the game after a court ruling in 2014 about paying college athletes for using their likeness. My wife is back to traveling a ton and I was looking at what game I should get for my XBOX one. Stumbled on EA NCAA 2014 for the 360 (which is / was in the kids playroom for Netflix and Disney Infinity) and ended up buying it online and downloading it. My 360 was so old it didn't have enough space to download it so I had to go buy a memory stick. Been wasting a few nights once the girls are in bed getting back into it.
Now I'm reading about Civilization and remembering hours upon hours wasted playing that in college. Man I am in trouble if I get that too. The last time we bought a computer we went back to the desktop so we have a TON of space on the hard drive (1 terrabyte).
Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
My favorite all time game was EA NCAA Football. I started buying it all the way back on the original playstation. Wasted a ton of time in college and post college pre wife days playing the dynasty feature. EA had to end the game after a court ruling in 2014 about paying college athletes for using their likeness. My wife is back to traveling a ton and I was looking at what game I should get for my XBOX one. Stumbled on EA NCAA 2014 for the 360 (which is / was in the kids playroom for Netflix and Disney Infinity) and ended up buying it online and downloading it. My 360 was so old it didn't have enough space to download it so I had to go buy a memory stick. Been wasting a few nights once the girls are in bed getting back into it.
Now I'm reading about Civilization and remembering hours upon hours wasted playing that in college. Man I am in trouble if I get that too. The last time we bought a computer we went back to the desktop so we have a TON of space on the hard drive (1 terrabyte).
I started out on Civ II in college. Back then I didn't have a PC or a Mac so I spent all night in the computer lab. Twenty years later I still have to set a timer to quit at a decent hour - though I stay away from Civilization.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007