Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

My wife doesn't play a lot of the games I play, but she does like a lot of the games the kids also like. But she has no problem when I occasionally spend a night playing Fallout 4 or some such - she'll just read or play some game on her phone.

The Playstation 4 was something we decided on together as a gift for the entire family.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:47 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
OK, serious question guys...

Are your wives okay with your "gaming" or do they just "tolerate" it? I swear, I think I've been in the doghouse ever since I bought the 360 without my wife's "permission." It also seems like every woman I talk to who has a SO with a gaming "habit" they view it as being "childish" and "distractive."

I admit, it's all too easy to tune out and play for hours and I'm actually thinking of putting the XBOX up because I'm not being a good role model for Joey, who DOES play for hours on my laptop and barely looks up. He's smart enough to know the lay of the land.

Still, I'm getting the feeling that there is this stigma about people who invest significant amounts of time into gaming - and I'm not talking Candy Crush here. That seems to get a pass.

What do you guys think?
My wife gets my gaming, she's pretty cool with it although I don't get as much time as I'd like, no time anymore. On the weekends once chores and errands are done she doesn't have a problem at all with it.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:02 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Val has actually said "Go play your game"

I play only very occasionally, though.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
New Mass Effect Gameplay

That game has turned out to be a bust. BioWare has really slipped over the years.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
That game has turned out to be a bust. BioWare has really slipped over the years.
Nonsense, it's fun as hell. Buggy sometimes but the combat is top notch and the characters are great. Feels like a Mass Effect game

Negative internet hyperbole strikes again
Old 04-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I need to play some more. I couldn't get into ME1. Especially now that BL2 works on the One.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
I need to play some more. I couldn't get into ME1. Especially now that BL2 works on the One.
ME1 is wonky, it's a great game for building the universe (which is quite a feat btw) but gameplay and combat suck, inventory management sucks and the characters and crews aren't nearly as fleshed out as in the following games. I'd recommend playing it to find out about the world, learn about the different races and their place in the world. Probably 5-8 hours is good enough. Then just move on to me2 which has better gameplay and writing.

The Codex is fantastic though if you're a sci fi nerd like me, some legitimately great stuff in there and most it is voiced
Old 04-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yeah, 2 is better as far as game play. I wish they'd kept the full Citadel from ME1 through the entire series - even ME3. ME1 was slow in the middle but the final campaign was probably the best part of the game for me.

As for ME3, all the endings were a letdown. I really enjoyed playing 2 and 3 as a Vanguard. There's lots of jumping around and melee. It's an approach that I've been relearning in the Batman Arkham games.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Yeah, 2 is better as far as game play. I wish they'd kept the full Citadel from ME1 through the entire series - even ME3. ME1 was slow in the middle but the final campaign was probably the best part of the game for me.

As for ME3, all the endings were a letdown. I really enjoyed playing 2 and 3 as a Vanguard. There's lots of jumping around and melee. It's an approach that I've been relearning in the Batman Arkham games.
My next playthrough of Andromeda I'm going all Biotic Asari trained Ninja with an upgraded Asari Assassin's​ Sword
Old 04-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
My next playthrough of Andromeda I'm going all Biotic Asari trained Ninja with an upgraded Asari Assassin's​ Sword
https://youtu.be/NCUIe0caNvk ;ob