Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
Just like the guy in the video I posted below, I never thought I would post anything to a message board about blue jeans. But here it goes. I hate buying jeans. I hate wearing jeans. I can't get ones that fit right. I have massive thighs from years of playing catcher and even more years of biking. My legs are huge. So to get jeans that fit around the waist, they have to be extremely tight in the thighs. Even loose fits don't do it. But unless you want to be the guy who is always walking around in fancy pants or sweats, you need some jeans. Used to wear Levi's but gave up maybe 5 or so years ago. Went to Old Navy loose fit. Same problem. Big in the waist, tight in the thighs, but better than Levi's.

With temps in the 20s and 30s, even I have to put away the shorts. Went through the jeans supply and found tattered bottom leg openings, worn out in the knees, etc., and the same old fit problem. Here comes another winter of discomfort. Went to Kohl's deciding that maybe I'd give Levi's another shot. But when walking around I found this Brand called "Urban Pipeline." Never heard of it before. Thought I'd give it a shot. The "Flex" on the label kind of scared me. Have I resorted to that? But they look great. Like regular old jeans. It's not like the elastic waist, cuffed bottom, stretchy jeans you put on a 2 year old. Bought two pairs for $66 on a BOGO 50% deal. Got home and tried them on.

My life will never be the same!!!!! It's like a party for my lower half. Tried to find some info on this company, maybe it's just a Kohl's house brand, I don't know, but info is scarce. But Holy Crap...I can look good in jeans and actually be comfortable? Never thought it would happen. Check them out if you're in the market for some new jeans.

To prove that there's a YouTube video reviewing pretty much everything, here you go..... (Funny Dude, too!).

Umm.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:11 PM
Diaper Jockey

Sitting here with my fingers crossed that the city cancels trick or treating. They've done it before because of weather. Pretty crappy out. Low 30s with a drizzly/rainy/sleety mix falling. Sit the kids in front of the TV with the candy we bought to hand out and say "Go to town!"

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 11-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

The mice are back.

So far strategic placed sticky traps from Orkin are working.
There is a hole in the rubber seal on one of the garage doors. I filled it with spray foam a couple years ago, but alas... Probably time for a new seal.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Light dusting of powder from the sky last night.
Gotta take Pippa to her Cross country running club, but no running today. They are indoors running in a gymnasium prepping for another 5k.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Ive been watching this YouTube/COPPA thing closely and was curious about what you guys thought about it. If this is too controversial for the general section?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 12-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I got an email from Home Depot. My application cleared the first hurdle in the screening process. I had no idea it was still in the hopper. Id given up hope! Kelly tells me that this is how the process works now though; it took her a year to hire somebody in her department.

I gotta say, I have a good feeling about this. I actually feel quite prepared to do this job. Im pretty much CAD capable and have 20 years of experience as a homeowner and a customer. I sort of even have a portfolio!
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 12-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Good going.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
I got an email from Home Depot. My application cleared the first hurdle in the screening process. I had no idea it was still in the hopper. Id given up hope! Kelly tells me that this is how the process works now though; it took her a year to hire somebody in her department.

I gotta say, I have a good feeling about this. I actually feel quite prepared to do this job. Im pretty much CAD capable and have 20 years of experience as a homeowner and a customer. I sort of even have a portfolio!
Nice Kwak, good luck!!
Old 12-05-2019, 12:31 AM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post

Nice! Good luck!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith