Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2017, 08:49 AM
pedrocampos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydaddy View Post
Hoping to get some motivation in this forum, have been struggling with losing weight and keeping fit since we had our daughter 2 years ago
Staying fit is all about mindset man, if you define a goal it is easier for you to not get lost. In regards to nutrition, there is an awesome app called "My fitness Pal", that will help you keep track of calories and your progress and you can work out anywhere you want, don`t even need to go to a gym.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

This has become a zombie thread and my weight loss has been ping pong. I admit, calorie counting was getting tiresome and I wasnít feeling better otherwise. The changes certainly werenít being seen in my energy levels or waistline, so this week Iím dipping my toe in the Paleo diet pool. So far Iíve cut out buns on burgers and chicken breast - opting instead for wrapping the protein with green leaf lettuce and a big slice of tomatoes. No ketchup but Iíve allowed myself mayo. No french fries or potato chips and no ice cream bars either. Iím not eating completely healthy though. So far snacks include Nutella and pretzel sticks and little Dove chocolates (dark chocolate with almond) but I also have grapes and strawberries to distract myself with.

For exercise, Iím sticking with a 3 mile 1 Hour Walk, where I listen to podcasts on my phone for motivation.

So far, here are the numbers over the past week. Iím down from 205 to 201 yesterday and 200.4 this morning. Iím going to refrain on celebrating though. These are numbers only - though Iím looking forward to seeing that ď2__Ē go away and only briefly see ď19_Ē and ď18_Ē before getting to someplace where my pants and wedding ring fit again.

Until then, I still have the roll in the middle and I still wake up feeling tired with sore feet. I need to sleep better, so I have more adjustments to make.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Big thing to help energy is cut sugar out, at least for me. Good luck, man!
Old 10-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
Big thing to help energy is cut sugar out, at least for me. Good luck, man!
I agree, but not all sugar - and certainly some sugar substitutes are just as bad. The first thing I cut out was diet soda. Next was ice cream. Nutella, then cereal is going to have to go away but the dark chocolate supposedly has health benefits - so long as I enjoy it in moderation. The fruits are a no-brainer, though I'm told that grapes and raisins are not the best fruit to choose. Bananas may be making a comeback, though I'm thinking yogurt parfaits might be a better choice.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Right, I should have said refined sugar and things that have it. Blueberries are awesome. There's a ton of info, it's just tough sorting through the noise to find the signal. ;)
Old 10-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Just Dad

I have found that exogenous ketones help during the first few weeks with energy levels. They taste disgusting but keep me from losing steam by noon on the initial keto induction. The extra salts seem to keep the "keto-flu" from being too severe.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar
Old 10-13-2017, 02:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

This morningís report: 199.4 pounds before the ďmorning constitutional.Ē Without getting overly detailed, I can happily report that creation of dairy has brought about the return of regularity!

Supper last night OTOH was at 8pm and I was bad: lemon chicken lean cuisine. Blech! Breakfast was two hard boiled eggs and 2 cups Of warm green tea sweetened with honey and lemon.

Now Iím on my morning walk. Iím hoping to keep this trend going.