Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Trophy Husband

Yanks get Gray! Sorry GBDad, wish the Brewers got him. The Evil Empire strikes again. Will someone please tell me why This "great organization" with "gurus throughout" have to sign stars at the trading deadline year after year? They sure don't have a lot to show for it since Free Agency was started. just saying.

Last edited by Mark B.; 07-31-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Ain't nothing like a real rivalry, eh GB? You just summed up PITT/Penn State's football rivalry. Oddly, the team with less revenue and notoriety plays in an NFL stadium.

Getting back to MLB at 5-1/2 games back thus far the Bucs seem to be standing pat at the trade deadline.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-31-2017, 07:26 PM
Trophy Husband

And speaking of obnoxious Cubs fans............

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/...dV6?li=BBnbfcL
Old 08-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Super Duper Daddy

At least he's not Steve Bartman.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:02 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
At least he's not Steve Bartman.

Nice timing oddly enough Kwak!

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/31/steve-ba...pionship-ring/
Old 08-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Diaper Jockey

Saw the Chris Christie and Bartman things. If you've never see the ESPN 30 for 30 "Catching Hell" on the Bartman thing, it's a good watch. The Cubs can play all nice now but they were right there along with manager Dusty Baker, Moises Alou, and the governor of Illinois in blaming Bartman for the Cubs blowing the 2003 NLCS.

Was listening to the Brewers game yesterday afternoon and when it was over I turned on the Cubs game. Three rain delays in the Cubs/Dbacks game. The announcers go on and on about how great the Cubs are at making sure games get played, "The Cubs are such a draw from around the country and around the world. They're very aware that for many fans this could be the only Cub game they go to all year. Or maybe in their life. So they make sure to do everything they can to get the game played." Yep. Unless they're playing a division rival that they're chasing in the standings and have a depleted bullpen. Then they cancel the game 3 hours before game time because it rained at 8:00 AM. Sun was out by scheduled game time. Brewers had a workout on the field before heading out of town. Craig Counsell, "First rainout I've been a part of where we've had to treat our players for sunburn afterwards."

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 08-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I gotta tell ya, I'm getting sick of baseball again. I was into it in the 70s and the early part of the 80s but then with the strike I got disenfranchised. Then there were the steroids and all. Ugh. Things have not changed IMO. Compared to other sports the players are soft and owners can run shabby operations and still laugh all the way to the bank. It's not even about teams anymore. Every July it's like players themselves are traded like the Topps bubble gum cards I used to get at the corner store as a kid.

The Bucs' GM Neal Huntington did nothing the help or hinder the team's future, either long term or short. Frankly I'm surprised that they didn't deal Cutch since he'd improved his trade value but the rest of the team stunk on ice against crappy teams.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Trophy Husband

Too funny! The guy in the pink shirt kinda represents how Mets fans feel this season.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Stick a fork in the Pirates; they're done. Thanks for another great season. Hopefully I live long enough to see another "one and done" Wild Card game in my lifetime.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:27 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Too funny! The guy in the pink shirt kinda represents how Mets fans feel this season.

Saw that one! Always funny when someone else gets drilled in the pills! And the count...2 Balls, 1 Strike!

The Crew is hanging in there. Went the to game Tuesday night against the Pirates. This west coast trip is going to be make or break. 9 games in 10 days against the Rockies, Giants, and Dodgers. You hope to salvage one in both Denver and LA, and better take the Giants series to go 4-5 on the trip.

Finally made it over to Target Field in MN to see the Brewers play the Twins on 8/7. Went to a lot of Brewers/Twins game in the old Metrodome. When I was a kid the Brewers were in the A.L. and Minneapolis was actually closer to my home town than Milwaukee. This will upset Twins fans, but I didn't think it was anything particularly special. It had a very modern, finished, shopping mall feel to it. Normally I'll go to a new park and just sit there and bask in the glory and hardly want to leave. Just didn't get a great vibe from the place. I think the locals rep it so hard because their just ecstatic that it's not the Metrodome. I'll definitely go back if I have the chance, but of the 14 MLB parks I've been to, I don't think it even cracks my top 10. Feel kind of bad saying that. But...

Next month I'm heading to Wrigley! With all the hype around that place I'm prepared to be blown away!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith