Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Game Lounge > Xbox/Wii/PC
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #3541  
Old 11-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,524
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
My favorite all time game was EA NCAA Football. I started buying it all the way back on the original playstation. Wasted a ton of time in college and post college pre wife days playing the dynasty feature. EA had to end the game after a court ruling in 2014 about paying college athletes for using their likeness. My wife is back to traveling a ton and I was looking at what game I should get for my XBOX one. Stumbled on EA NCAA 2014 for the 360 (which is / was in the kids playroom for Netflix and Disney Infinity) and ended up buying it online and downloading it. My 360 was so old it didn't have enough space to download it so I had to go buy a memory stick. Been wasting a few nights once the girls are in bed getting back into it.
Now I'm reading about Civilization and remembering hours upon hours wasted playing that in college. Man I am in trouble if I get that too. The last time we bought a computer we went back to the desktop so we have a TON of space on the hard drive (1 terrabyte).
You have an Xbox One? Definitely consider getting EA Access

For $30/year you get all these games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_A...t_for_Xbox_One
Reply With Quote
  #3542  
Old 11-08-2016, 12:31 AM
757dad 757dad is offline
Beach Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
You have an Xbox One? Definitely consider getting EA Access

For $30/year you get all these games

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_A...t_for_Xbox_One
Completely missed that. Just checked it out and pretty sure that's getting ordered next week.
Side Note: All this talk about Civilization made me think of college days and some epic Age of Empires battles. I lived in a suite with 5 other football players and we would have about 15-20 guys hanging out playing Halo on the original XBox and Age of Empires going for hours on end.
Reply With Quote
  #3543  
Old 11-08-2016, 06:43 PM
gduck's Avatar
gduck gduck is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
My favorite all time game was EA NCAA Football. I started buying it all the way back on the original playstation. Wasted a ton of time in college and post college pre wife days playing the dynasty feature. EA had to end the game after a court ruling in 2014 about paying college athletes for using their likeness.
Yeah, I was bummed about that. Sadly on my 360 I still only have NCAA 2010, though I should just buy and download 2014 since it's not a bad price. It's probably the game I play the most on my Xbox. Taken multiple teams through many seasons. I love taking the crappy little teams and turning them in to a national powerhouse.
Reply With Quote
  #3544  
Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM
757dad 757dad is offline
Beach Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
Yeah, I was bummed about that. Sadly on my 360 I still only have NCAA 2010, though I should just buy and download 2014 since it's not a bad price. It's probably the game I play the most on my Xbox. Taken multiple teams through many seasons. I love taking the crappy little teams and turning them in to a national powerhouse.
I think I paid $25 for 2014. I was all stoked to play it and then I went to download it after I bought it and realized I didn't have enough memory on the 360 hard drive. I think the game was 6 gb and the xbox only had 4. I bought a 12 gb flash drive and just leave it plugged into the 360. They completely redid the recruiting aspect in the dynasty mode.
Reply With Quote
  #3545  
Old 11-10-2016, 01:11 PM
gduck's Avatar
gduck gduck is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
I think I paid $25 for 2014. I was all stoked to play it and then I went to download it after I bought it and realized I didn't have enough memory on the 360 hard drive. I think the game was 6 gb and the xbox only had 4. I bought a 12 gb flash drive and just leave it plugged into the 360. They completely redid the recruiting aspect in the dynasty mode.
But is it a better recruiting mode? I find the one in 2010 pretty much a grind, and sometimes weird things just seem to happen in it.

I hear you about the HD space, I have an older Xbox 360 so has a very small attached HD... and the upgrades for it are just stupid priced. Fortunately I recently moved up to a bigger backup drive on my computer, so took the old one, wiped it, and attached that to the Xbox... plenty of space for downloading things now! (one of my kids loves downloading and playing game demos).
Reply With Quote
  #3546  
Old 11-10-2016, 08:51 PM
757dad 757dad is offline
Beach Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
But is it a better recruiting mode? I find the one in 2010 pretty much a grind, and sometimes weird things just seem to happen in it.
It's a lot more streamlined. The off season is also a lot faster. It is one of the reasons among many that I was always a fan of it over Madden. Going to give EA Access a whirl too. Dropped the wife and girls off at the airport at 7 am. Came home and played a few games, got a run in, played a few more and now am taking a forced break. Goal is to knock out a season while the girls are gone.
Reply With Quote
  #3547  
Old 11-11-2016, 09:34 PM
757dad 757dad is offline
Beach Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 1,118
Default

Day 2 of wife and girls being gone. Pretty sure I've played about 5 hours each day of video games. Had to take a few breaks and get up and move around.
Reply With Quote
  #3548  
Old 11-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,524
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
Day 2 of wife and girls being gone. Pretty sure I've played about 5 hours each day of video games. Had to take a few breaks and get up and move around.
Reply With Quote
  #3549  
Old 11-15-2016, 12:53 PM
757dad 757dad is offline
Beach Daddy
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 1,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Well Done.
Reply With Quote
  #3550  
Old 11-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Captain Tuttle's Avatar
Captain Tuttle Captain Tuttle is offline
Super Duper Daddy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Main Line
Posts: 9,524
Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle
Default

https://slickdeals.net/f/9345099-gro...e-shipping-170
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.