Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Irie, mys suggestion for you is to close your ears and listen to your gut. I've found that those who complain others have a deep seated insecurity and look fo things in others in order to keep from taking a long hard look at themselves. Being on the receiving end of criticism, I don't even respond to it and instead choose to do the things that I feel need to be done.

As a point of pride, I like to keep the common areas tidy - though not necessarily spotless. I also like to keep the laundry from piling up and the kitchen (pantry, refrigerator, cabinets and whatnot) organized. I admit that I could be more diligent with regards to keeping the floors clear of crumbs and the living room free of clutter, but I will try to focus on that when I know we're going to have company. Other than that, like you I do the little fix-it things that are often overlooked.

BTW, still on vacation. When we get home I have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot of laundry and cleaning up to do. We have no plans for New Years.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Mopped the bathroom floors, vacuumed downstairs, made freezer fat bombs, supervised the first day of new online school.

Dropped the sloop whilst putting the last sail on her, and broke the mast.
(Lost a couple weeks work there)
Had to cut all lines and remove mast and later tonight I'll fashion a new one.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Super Duper Daddy

First day home alone this calendar year so I haven't done a lot!

This afternoon I'm picking up my elderly mother for lunch, taking her to tour a local retirement home, go to the library to pick her up some movies and then get some groceries.

I'm actually pretty thankful that my wife understands that my mom needs me right now - but I need to get a gig soon.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Trophy Husband

Well it looks like I will be looking for a part time gig outside the house. With one kid away at school and my daughter driving now it seems like a good time. Not so much for the money but to get me back out and around people (not my cyber buddies! ). I just do not want to work weekends unless it fits my schedule and not have to be at work at 7AM.I talked to a guy who shuttled me to my car dealership the other day. He said they are always looking for car movers. Usually 1 day trips. You can be put on a list and if they call and you can make it fine, if not no hard feelings. Might be a good way to get my feet wet again. So I put together a pathetically slim resume. After 18 years doing the SAHD thingy what is there to say? I included my past schooling and last job I had for over 17 years before leaving. It's funny, the family went out to see Clint Eastwood in "The Mule" last week and everyone said that is what I should do. I plan to keep it legal though.

Maybe this was an omen but after I finally finished the Word document to make my resume (I only knew about 75% of the tools on that program) I click on print and I get a message.......Black ink is empty! F me! wish me luck!
Old 01-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Super Duper Daddy

What kind of cars would you be driving, Mark?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Trophy Husband

All kinds, new and used. Some are new cars that have to be moved from dealerships regionally and others could be used cars bought at auction. Most of the moves are not too far. One family owns a number of different car dealership brands. Would be nice to bounce around in them. Dying to drive a Hellcat! We shall see.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

My thoughts, Mark. After you deliver, how do you get home?

Went to STEM co-op school. Got to sit around all day reading, and chatting with the mommies.

Last edited by irie feeling; 01-11-2019 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:38 AM
Trophy Husband

Dealerships are always swapping cars both new and used. So it is back and forth. Also, if there is an auction they go to they load a number of drivers in a car and go. Hopefully all of them have their own winning auction to drive home. Either way you get paid. Dealerships shuttle drivers are needed as well. I would assume you need to be a transport driver first to get that gig. Cake. 3 days a week and 1 Saturday half day Saturday a month.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Just Dad

My retired neighbor across the street does the car moving thing. I may have to think about that.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 01-11-2019, 10:07 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Cleaned a bathroom. Put dinner in the crockpot. Supervised school. Pippa doesn't have the "lean" down for cursive. Teacher pulled pts. I'm trying different techniques. To take the pain out of it we watched MJ do the "lean" in Smooth Criminal on YouTube. Nobody leaned better.
Working on jig for ratlines on the sloop.
Beautiful clear night for some celestial observing, according my app. but darn it's cold and windy. Down around 5 to 10 degrees tonight. I can't do it.
Oh well.