Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Trophy Husband

Harvey likes to spend his off time chasing super models. Good luck with that Matt. You would be lucky to get Marge Shotz's granddaughter these days.

In other news, the Mets drop 2 out of three in an afternoon game that fortunately missed. The Mets batted out of order in the first inning. UHG!
Old 05-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Diaper Jockey

"Robinson Cano! Well don't ya know!" Suspended 80 games for violation of the PED policy.

It's hard to say I'm surprised by any of this anymore, but Cano is one of the last guys I would have suspected of being a juicer. The reward still far outweighs the risk of getting caught with PEDs in baseball, or sports for that matter. Also interesting how NFL players get suspended all the time for steroids and no one cares. In baseball, "Won't somebody please think about the children!"

People say, "Void their contracts if they're caught." Okay. But why do people do anything? They believe they're smart enough not to get caught. Sometimes they are, sometimes not. But not even that is going to stop people from trying. Take steroids, sign a $240M contract. Take the chance of not getting caught. If you were the type of person who would have done it without the penalty of your contract being void, you're still the type of person who will take the chance with that penalty on the table. By the time Cano got caught he already made $120M. No Hall of Fame....but I'd say he made out okay even if the rest of his contract were to be void. Reputation, character....not sure they care with that kind of cash for the taking.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 05-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Trophy Husband

I can't blame a lot of the players from poorer Latin countries for doing it. Most of these guys come from squaller and have to support entire families. I recently saw an expose on Mets closer Jeremy Familiar from DR. Holy crap, the guy grew up in a thin wooden shack. No water and no electric.

Now a guy like Ryan Braun...........................
Old 05-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Now a guy like Ryan Braun...........................
Won't ever get me to defend Ryan Braun. His contract has been a weight around the neck of the franchise for years. And there's two years left.

My brother lives in the Twin Cities area and went to visit this weekend and took in the Saturday night game, Brewers/Twins, at Target Field. Windy and cold, but the Crew won. Going to Brewers/Mets on Sunday in Milwaukee.

Approaching a third of the way done with the season and the Brewers are in first place, tied for second best record in MLB. Gotta start beating the Cubs! If they were 4-4 vs. Chicago rather than 1-7 they'd be 31-16, best record in Majors. If ifs and buts......

Still don't see how this can last with that starting rotation. Have the same feeling I had in 2014 when they led the division for 150 days and fizzled in September.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith