Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2020, 11:25 PM
Trophy Husband

After a Saturday and Sunday of clearing the plant beds, edging and spreading 72 bags of mulch today I spent about 4 hours mowing the lawn. It took a while because I wanted to mow the 1st time low. We have had a good bit if rain here the last couple of weeks. The grass was thick in a lot of places. 6 bags of clippings! After I edged and blew the debris I put down the first dose of fertilizer. I was exhausted after but glad I got it all done today. I got a call earlier in the day asking if I wanted to return to work tomorrow!! Thank God. I need to get back into a routine. Cant remember when the last time I hit up around 6:00 AM and did not go back to bed after. Not sure how many days I will be going as of now. Hope it is my usual 3.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:27 PM
Trophy Husband

^^ Total disclosure. My wife helped with the mulch!
Old 05-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Joey wants to earn more money toward his own laptop and asked to take over mowing the front yard. This should be fun. What the kid doesnít know is that Iím ordering mulch and will need a hand.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 05-18-2020, 04:01 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm shopping for a new refrigerator. There goes the stimulus check.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:10 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

So far, I laid 3 bags of treated wood chips on top of the old ones to patch up the holes where the fabric is showing through underneath.
The boss ran laundry. I'm wanting to vacuum downstairs (wood and cork tile), as the dog is shedding really bad.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:36 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Ok, so Lowe’s is having a 40% off sale on appliances. I use the Retail Me Not app and it adds another 4% off. My veterans discount is another 5% and we’ve got AMEX points that should cover a large part of it. Add another $30 to haul the old sputtering/leaking side by side away but shipping to our house is free. It’s better than scratch and dent prices.

The hang up is that there’s only a 1 year warranty on GE refrigerators, Lowe’s has a 3 year extended warranty for $130 or so and it might just pay for itself. My wife ain’t having it though. Oh well.

I went to see if I could find the demo model to measure the actual height (our cabinets are old and not at the same height as modern kitchens) but no joy.

I also bought mulch that will be delivered on Friday. I did Joe’s job and mowed the lawn and will be weeding the beds probably Wednesday. Wife is taking Friday off and Monday is Memorial Day (which would be a good day to order the fridge IMO because I’m sensing that I won’t have to jump through the hoops for my veterans discount) so I’m hoping my wife decides that working in the yard is good exercise.

Last edited by Kwak; 05-19-2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

I goofed off all day. Made myself scarce by staying at my desk in the garage. I finished rigging a tiny ship.
I cut little labels for the fishing flies of my "best of the best" flies on the shelf. Turns out my memory is slipping and I don't know 1/3 of their names anymore. I think I'll need to start checking my little pocketbook (not a purse) and see I jotted down the pattern recipes.
I practiced circular breathing.
We had Keto Tacos for dinner.
I watched 2 episodes each of Battlestar Galactica and SG Atlantis.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:34 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Finished labeling all the flies. 90 grand total. All different. Trying to find the name of the last one, The Undertaker kicked my butt. I found its description and photo on an online index.
We have a New Moon. That's means, if there are no clouds, the night sky should be very dark. That's perfect for galaxy hunting! I found 2. Only 1 was new to me. That makes # 27 on my short list of 200. 173 to go! Clouds rolled in at 1230.

On a side note, there is a creature out there that is scary as hell. I've come across it twice. It makes this honking noise, I grab my flash light, I find 2 red eyeballs in the tree line across the street. It's like walking down the street, along the tree line. It's Making this honking noise. I think it's making the noise because of me. I have 2 lights. I can't see figure. Just 2 eyeballs. I'm barking at it and yelling, "get on out outta here!"

Last edited by irie feeling; 05-22-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I showed my 13 year old how to work the lawn mower. He did okay for his first time. Then I finished the job, did the edging and move on to doing the hillside and the hill top. Iím hurting this morning.