Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Tomorrow we take the kids to the farmers market so they can try some things - our picky eater really loves honey so he’s going to get to do a honey tasting to see if there’s something that he likes. The youngest loves pretty much every vegetable and fruit, so he’s going to have a field day.

Later that day meeting up with the guy I used to brew with to try out the beer at a brewery that just opened up in the location we worked at before it closed down.

Sunday should be a quiet morning/afternoon, followed by pickup hockey later that night.

All in all should be a good, low key weekend, which I could really use right now.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:43 AM
New Daddy

My daughter has her first soccer game of the season tomorrow. After that my wife is going to go check out a campground for a trip coming up and I plan on playing video games with the kids.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Beach Daddy

Doing my first Ragnar Trail Race this weekend. We are doing it as an ultra team. Heading to Pocahontas State Park outside of Richmond tomorrow morning. Hoping to be done Saturday morning. Will put in 3 laps of roughly 10 miles.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:00 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
Doing my first Ragnar Trail Race this weekend. We are doing it as an ultra team. Heading to Pocahontas State Park outside of Richmond tomorrow morning. Hoping to be done Saturday morning. Will put in 3 laps of roughly 10 miles.
Why? Weekends are for chilling. Watch somebody do it.

Last edited by irie feeling; 04-26-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:20 PM
Just Dad

I went to the "Good Guys" car show with my Dad. Really fun. My only gripe is that too many classic cars had a Ford Coyote or Chevy LS1/LS2/LS3 dumped into them. What's wrong with a dual Rochester quadrajet?

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar
Old 05-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Pippa had her FIRST communion. She been going to Sunday school and mass and not missing any for a year, except for illness and extreme weather.
Extended family came from as far as 3 hrs away, the Jersey Shore, to see her receive. BBQ after.
But- Grandma picked a fight.
She has NEVER been on time. (1 hr away). Late for everything! Doing the "everybody look at me- walking in late."
She got red scooter like the kind at the grocery store. She let herself go, her knee is busted and swollen and she won't get it fixed and has no desire to lose weight. (She ain't giving up ice cream cake and cookies- I am a witness- she got diabetes, MS, a botched back operation, on SSDI and don't wanna get better).
She gonna show up in the middle of the service with her red scooter, "Beep-Beep" and go right up to the altar and turn right, because that's where the handicap entrance is. Don't let her in- she'll make a scene. She's not Religious and don't care. She'll start screaming about wanting to see her Granddaughter in the dress she paid for.
We asked her leave the scooter at home and bring a butt pillow. She called the church and started bitching. The secretary told us.
My wife, her daughter, called her out, both got angry. MIL decided to not come.
Dad showed up at the service.
Mom and daughter still not talking.
Social media is to blame too. That's how they communicate. How bout you pick up the phone? Of course she wouldn't answer thanks to caller ID.
Pippa says How come grandma didn't come?
I gotta lie and say she wanted to, but her back.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:27 PM
Trophy Husband

Not a whole hell of a lot going on this weekend. The bulk of our efforts will be getting things ready for my son's volleyball team dinner tomorrow night. Should be 20-25 people in all. Marky has got to start making meatballs!
Old 05-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Generator search.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:00 PM
Diaper Jockey

Kind of up in the air right now. I work giving tours at Lambeau on Saturday and Monday, going to Brewers game on Sunday, so the wife was going to take the kids camping with her parents. Now....by "camping" I mean a brand new park model mobile home with plumbing, cable TV, and A/C parked on a permanent campsite at a lake resort with beaches and playgrounds. Not exactly roughing it. But the little guy has had fevers since Tuesday night. Going to see how the day goes today and make a decision if they'll go Saturday, try for Sunday, or not go at all.

So what started as a nice relaxing evening on Saturday night with a big fat steak on the grill, and music that doesn't come from a Disney movie, might get turned on it's ear. The kicker.....Wife told 6 year old daughter that if they can't go "camping" with grandma and grandpa this weekend that dad would set up the tent and camp with her in the back yard. So instead of getting done at 4:30 with nothing to rush for I'm looking at busting my ass to the grocery store, getting home to make and clean up dinner, and sleeping in a tent in the back yard.

Wish my little dude's immune system good luck!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 PM
New Daddy

Well we have a bank holiday here & my parents are taking the kids for a couple of days at the beach & my wife has the weekend off work (a rare thing having time to ourselves without the kids due to her work pattern), so I'm thinking PS4, few beers &, well tbh that's as far as I've got!!