Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > Dad Stories
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Diaper Jockey

Default Karma

I don't consider myself overly superstitious, spiritual, religious, etc. But I'm a firm believer in karma. Basically, what goes around, comes around. I believe so firmly in it because whenever I'm selfish, boastful, do something I wouldn't ordinarily do, or simply have a stroke of good luck, I'm almost immediately bitten in the ass.

My daughter turns 3 in June and we licked potty training probably about a month ago. After running some errands I decided to take her to the children's museum to play for a while before lunch. I ALWAYS take my diaper bag wherever I go. Still. Has the essentials including a change of clothes, wipes, snacks, first aid, etc. Several times before when running into a store, the bank, or wherever I've thought "maybe I'll leave the bag in the car, she's doing great on the potty front, I don't need it." Always still brought it. Until today. I thought, "ya know what, we're only going for a half hour or so, she always tells me when she has to go, I'm leaving it in the car." And I did. And she did. After a month with no potty incidents what-so-ever, she pees her pants in the play diner at the children's museum.

And that's not all.......I posted a while back that she decided she was done with naps. Okay, no longer force it on her. We changed, had some lunch, ran some more errands, and headed home. While she doesn't nap, I know she's tired and sometimes will fall asleep in the car. When she wakes up at home, she's irate. Partially because she's still tired and got woken up, partially because she doesn't want to be home. Takes about a 10 minute fit and ignoring her during it to get back to normal. Well today she fell asleep on the way home. Wakes up mad. Fit ensues. Pees all over the floor.

KARMA!!! Don't mess with it.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Trophy Husband

Great post GBdad. Yup, remember those days. Until my kids were almost 5 I kept the diaper bag around in social situations just in case. Kids don't want to miss anything and all heck would break out.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:40 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Ouch. I suppose at least it was just pee. Our oldest who is now 5 was horrible about potty training and wouldn't bother saying he had to go to the bathroom until his underwear was already filled with a couple big brown loafs. Fun times.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Ain't karma a bitch!
Karma train gonna catch up to ya.

A couple things we say around here.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Super Duper Daddy

What comes around goes all over the floor, apparently.

Still dealing with the negative karma here. It's good to hear I'm not alone.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 06-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Daddy

Talking about karma, I have had a long hard run in the last few years. A lot good and a lot bad. A steady mix of sorrow and elation in high degrees of both. Marriage, Little being born, lost loved ones. The list goes on. I make it my habit to focus on the good because the bad is gonna come regardless.

All that to say, my recent good karma from the universe was a free driveway repaving. The workmen came and ripped out our drive but had the wrong house. The conversation with the owner was short and sweet and by days end, our driveway was completely redone.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Super Daddy

That's crazy, fellas.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Trophy Husband

Securis, I would think one man's good Karma was another man's Pink Slip.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Daddy

Well, the owner of the company is the guy who made the mistake. I don't see a pink slip in his future and besides I see today that his company laid down two more driveways in the development. He's out the material and labor cost for our drive but maybe he made up some of the difference with some extra business. I put in a good word with the community bulletin board explaining how honest he was about his mistake.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Securis View Post
Well, the owner of the company is the guy who made the mistake. I don't see a pink slip in his future and besides I see today that his company laid down two more driveways in the development. He's out the material and labor cost for our drive but maybe he made up some of the difference with some extra business. I put in a good word with the community bulletin board explaining how honest he was about his mistake.
Sounds like a bright guy! At least he was a stand up dude.