Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > Dad Stories
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Securis do you live in Pennsylvania? My wife told me there were a group of pavers on our street today haha
Old 06-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Daddy

Nope. PA isn't too far away, though.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Diaper Jockey

Can't really think of anything recently for which the Karma-train would have struck me, but I didn't know where else to put this.

Both kids have ear infections right now. Needed to go get some more children's Tylenol. While waiting to check out, my 3 year old daughter evacuated her breakfast in checkout lane 7 at Walmart and I now have a shoe with remnants of cinnamon-raisin bagel crusted in the laces.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Just Dad

Not uncommon. I'd say almost every pair of shoes that I own have been "blessed" at some point.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar
Old 04-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Diaper Jockey

We took a long road trip last week and were gone for 6 days. My wife had a conference in Des Moines and we visited friends from when we lived there. Then we swung through the Twin Cities to visit some friends before heading home.

Classic Karma.......

I was getting a little frustrated as we were trying to leave. Wife kept thinking of more and more stuff to bring. Kids were cranky. Already an hour after we were planning to leave. Finally ready to go. Wife asks our 4 year old if she has to go potty. The stubborn child says no and I can see a battle of wills starting between the two of them. So I say, "Let's just go." Wife, "I don't want to have to stop a half hour after we leave." Me, "Well then she can pee in her car seat." I got scolded for that one. Anyway, we leave.

We made it to Madison and stopped for lunch. No pee incidents. She went at the place we were eating.

Thursday morning....We drop my wife off at her conference in downtown Des Moines. We were staying in a far west side suburb. A good 20 minute drive in morning traffic. My wife asks our daughter if she had to go potty because she'd take her in to the conference center to go before we head back to the hotel (it's 7:15 in the morning - nothing open yet for the kids to do). Stubborn child, "No!"

We get on the freeway heading back to the hotel. "DADDY!!! POTTY!!!" We lived there for 7 years so I know the town and the spot we were at is no place to get off the freeway and pull into a gas station. You're looking at the kind of places with a key to an outside bathroom chained to the end of a two foot length of 2X4. But there was a Walmart about 5 miles down the road. "You have to hold it. There's nowhere to stop!" Just screaming, "I CAN"T!!! I Got to go bad!!" "You have to hold it!" Just screaming. I see the exit for the Walmart less than a mile ahead. "DADDY!!! PEEING IN MY CARSEAT!!!"

Karma!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Trophy Husband

Waa waa waa waaaaaaaaa!
Old 04-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Just Dad

I needed that this morning.

Tough break, GBDad.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 AM
Diaper Jockey

I'd better tread lightly on the karma front. Mentioned in another thread that I was taking my daughter to the Bucks/Wizards game yesterday. If I'm going with a friend or by myself I don't mind splurging on a decent seat in the lower level. I only go to a game or two a year these days. If I'm taking a 4 year old, complete with the, "I want ice cream," "I want popcorn," "I have to go potty," and so on......cheap seats in the upper tank it is.

Had $25 seats on an upper corner. Got to Milwaukee at 11:00AM and went to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch a couple of blocks from the arena. Just opened and my daughter and I were the first ones there. We were dressed in Bucks apparel and after being seated the manager come up to us, "I assume you're going to the Bucks game?" "Yeah." "Where are your seats." "Upper corner." "Want an upgrade?" Thought it was kind of weird, a restaurant manager coming over to try and scalp tickets. Anyway, throws down a pair of center court tickets, 15 rows off the floor, $133/ea face value. Assuming I'd humor him I asked, "How much?" "Oh, no!.....you can have them!" "Really?!" "Yeah. They're corporate tickets. No one is using them today. See you're out with your daughter. Thought you might like them." "Yeah, thanks a lot, man...appreciate it."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...3lZeFBaTll4YzA

Don't know what I did. But, but glad I did it. Night and day difference watching basketball from the upper deck or 15 rows off the floor.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 01-10-2017, 03:08 AM
Trophy Husband

Nice pull GBDad!! Play that forward! NBA is pretty quick down low. Some of the best athletes in professional sports.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 AM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

That. Is. Awesome!