Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Nice Dad

Headed of the niece's birthday partyn in a bit. Hope to relax some this weekend but I have an somewhat urgent contract job that may need my attention. Hockey bright and early at 8:00am, playing goalie in a hot gym sucks after the first 2 periods. Good for some water weight loss though

HockeySave.com
Old 07-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electriclime View Post
I'd love to stop by there one of these days.

Not much here. Working as usual, though i picked up some porterhouses to grill (need more charcoal!). Wife is taking the little one to grandma's Saturday morning; who knows what else they have planned as long as they stay out of my hair.
If you're in the neighborhood give me a shout, it's just under an hour from here. I actually used to work right around the corner, used to take mine inspectors to lunch in Strasburg.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Super Daddy

Wife's got family in town, so probably an afternoon of sweating out in the backyard tomorrow by the grill, but at least we will have beer.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:09 PM
SAHD to RN

12 mile bike ride this AM followed by a 4 mile run, all starting at 6. Gotta mow the lawn and do some yardwork to spruce up the joint for a pool party we're having tonight. Adults only, no kids allowed. We have kids here all summer, so we wanted to keep it mellow for once. Shipping our kids to in-laws for the night (a whopping 8 miles away).

So hopefully after everyone leaves, the night will end in an adults-only fashion as well.
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 07-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
Gotta mow the lawn and do some yardwork to spruce up the joint for a pool party we're having tonight. Adults only, no kids allowed. We have kids here all summer, so we wanted to keep it mellow for once. Shipping our kids to in-laws for the night (a whopping 8 miles away).

So hopefully after everyone leaves, the night will end in an adults-only fashion as well.
Thanks for sharing.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein
Old 07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
"Not Willsdad"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodaddy View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Paging mountain. Lol. Good on ya don. A guy who gets me.

(someguy) "I'd absolutely recommend teabags."(someguy)

I AM a Southern-fried Maple Leaf.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM
rmchone

not a damn thing...

Old 07-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
12 mile bike ride this AM followed by a 4 mile run, all starting at 6. Gotta mow the lawn and do some yardwork to spruce up the joint for a pool party we're having tonight. Adults only, no kids allowed. We have kids here all summer, so we wanted to keep it mellow for once. Shipping our kids to in-laws for the night (a whopping 8 miles away).

I would kill for a weekend like that, but I'm happy for ya Don.

This weekend is going pretty much like the last two weeks, even though my wife's birthday was yesterday. My MIL is up here and my FIL has already called gloating about how he doesn't have to wait on her this weekend. My wife is not happy with me or the kids either because I'd managed to let some of our plans fall through. Not all my fault: she took yesterday off but still got a call from work to fix something anyway so she had to cut her day of shopping short.

Today they're at a baby shower for 4 hours while I stay home with the kids. After the shower we're all meeting up at a restaurant for dinner. Should be fun.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Trophy Husband

Weekend has been stellar thus far. Made a nice chicken dinner last night followed by me and the boy having a guys night in the garage. Started with a catch in the driveway while watching the Mets put the beat down on the Nationals (beer flowing of course), then we tinkered with the cars a little bit until about 9 PM. Went in and watched games until about 11 PM. The wife and I BOTH slept until 8:30 this morning. Got out of bed around 9:15 . Hung some pics today, going to Mass and then out to dinner tonight then back home for baseball games while the wife and girl head to the mall for what ever. Dad and my Step Mom are coming over for an Italian dinner tomorrow!! And yes Cubby, we are making home made sauce. Good times.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Canadad

Send a message via MSN to Neodaddy Send a message via Skype™ to Neodaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
The wife and I BOTH slept until 8:30 this morning. Got out of bed around 8:33 .
Fixed!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein