Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I feel for you TwoCubs. I have to rip up carpeting for a similar reason. Today we're gonna go look at flooring.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 09-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Haul the cat off too. I have no patience for that.

Val thinks we'll get a cat once the older girls are off to college.

Um, weekend plans... figure skating in a few, then a nephews birthday party, girls coding camp, kenpo class, hockey, church... I think that's it.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
I feel for you TwoCubs. I have to rip up carpeting for a similar reason. Today we're gonna go look at flooring.
I wish I could convince my wife to go look at flooring. We only have carpet in the living room and I want to rip it up. Not only is it stained from various events, but the early potty training disasters... well, I shudder to think how much urine soaked up that didn't get cleaned up by the steam cleaner. After I'm out of the house for a few hours I'll notice a "funk" in the living room when I get home.

Our cats are actually the only ones who haven't done anything to the carpet. They're good at containing the mess to their area.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduck View Post
I wish I could convince my wife to go look at flooring. We only have carpet in the living room and I want to rip it up. Not only is it stained from various events, but the early potty training disasters... well, I shudder to think how much urine soaked up that didn't get cleaned up by the steam cleaner. After I'm out of the house for a few hours I'll notice a "funk" in the living room when I get home.

Our cats are actually the only ones who haven't done anything to the carpet. They're good at containing the mess to their area.
We were actually looking at that new vinyl flooring throughout about 3/4 of our house. The stuff looks to be water resistant and low maintenance which is what we need. We looked at various different finishes that resemble wood planks as well as stone. I hear you on the stains, though. Once urine gets into the padding you have to rip the stuff out. One word of warning: contractors get really weird about "pet stains". I had two contractors come to my house and take measurements to give me a quote. Neither ever contacted me again. I'm tempted to give them each bad Yelp reviews but I think I'm just going to do the tear down myself instead and just not mention it.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Trophy Husband

Wife and daughter heading out of town for a family party on LI then an all girls shopping trip for three days in PA. Just me and the boy for a few days!!
Old 10-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Wife and daughter heading out of town for a family party on LI then an all girls shopping trip for three days in PA. Just me and the boy for a few days!!
Where in PA, Mark? Tannersville/Stroudsburg?

I just spoke with my mother and told her the plan. I drove out late on Thursday night and should be rolling into Bethlehem after midnight.

Tuttle, I should be in your neck of the woods Friday afternoon and I'll be hanging out in Ardmore until early Sunday. PM me if you want to get together on Saturday. I think there may be plans for Friday.

Last edited by Kwak; 10-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Will do Kwak! Drive safely
Old 10-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Just Dad

Enjoying not going anywhere or hosting anyone. That, and my son has some kind of gut bug. Fall break is this week. I hope I survive it.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 10-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

We had a nice impromptu Sunday. Heard about a band playing and a few food trucks for a little mini festival at a winery not far from here. So we drove up there, had some okay wine, some really good fried chicken, and there were a ton of kids so they all ran together in the field playing and we didn't have to deal with them for a couple of hours.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:35 AM
Trophy Husband

Nice weekend here. We went to my son's away football game on Saturday morning, they lost. No biggie. What was incredibly strange was that it started raining at the kickoff and stopped raining, which was fairly heavy at times, as soon as the game was over. Glad I thought to bring a couple of umbrellas. Mass Saturday night then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Sunday we went to Six Flags New England. Stayed late enough to see the scary characters come out. Fun day. Sprinkle in a Giants win, a Jets win and 2 NY Ranger wins over the weekend and I have to say all were happy.