Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2019, 06:39 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yes, about a 2-1/2 pointer. They're very docile around here. I'm not sure if it's still "rutting" season though; I saw a doe and a fawn on top of the hill last week. The fawn looked very young. It was about the size of a medium sized dog. it was very skinny too and slightly wobbly.

I need to get a light reel mower for that hill. My walk-behind is too heavy. It's a real workout, even though it's self-propelled. I think that's actually a liability. The wheels are going bald too.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Super Duper Daddy

We did some spring cleaning in the basement. Ever since our township switched back to the old waste disposal contractor we've had to adjust how we throw things away. They issued us a new 64 gal trash container which is pretty nice but with it came a lot of conditions. Not with the container, but with what ELSE we can put at the curb.

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to put lots of cardboard boxes or anything else on the curb so I stuffed that container full of cardboard and whatnot and had to put the old container up to the curb alongside it and an old shelving unit that we didn't want anymore.

So long story short I've got to run some old electronics to a disposal even soon, take a whole lot of ancient paperwork to a shredding event and take a whole lot of glass bottles to the recycler because they won't take them. The good news is that I now have a lot more space on my workbench and in the back of the basement. I plan to make use of that space and start tinkering more on the guitars and bicycles. My wife also has more room for her wine collection. It's a win-win.

Next ... the garage (cue dramatic music!)
Old 06-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

We talk about clearing out the basement. It's ALL my wife's crap. Mine is on a shelf. Hers is boxes all spread out on the floor. I can see Xmas decorations and fine china and crystal glasses. The rest needs to go.
I spent the weekend staying out of the way.
Saturday here and there putting the sea in on my latest S.i.b.
Sunday, little spurts of time launching the ship into the bottle. Setting the mast and sails, applying adhesive, waiting for it to dry, snipping the control lines, final cleanup.
Saturday night I was visiting more double stars and a couple variable stars and noting current magnitude. Visited Jupiter and Saturn again. The Great Red Spot on Jupiter is suffering wind shear and shrinking.
Old 06-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
We talk about clearing out the basement. It's ALL my wife's crap. Mine is on a shelf. Hers is boxes all spread out on the floor. I can see Xmas decorations and fine china and crystal glasses. The rest needs to go.
I spent the weekend staying out of the way.
Saturday here and there putting the sea in on my latest S.i.b.
Sunday, little spurts of time launching the ship into the bottle. Setting the mast and sails, applying adhesive, waiting for it to dry, snipping the control lines, final cleanup.
Saturday night I was visiting more double stars and a couple variable stars and noting current magnitude. Visited Jupiter and Saturn again. The Great Red Spot on Jupiter is suffering wind shear and shrinking.
LOL, you've hardly been in the house for long. We've got 20 years of crap lying around. I put a lot of paperwork in boxes but I'm tempted to make a fire pit on top of the hill and just burn it. If the cops come I'll say we're having s'mores. Cops like s'mores, right?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Yesterday I mowed the hillside again, causing the mounting bolts to rattle off and never to be seen again. I jury rigged a couple of bolts so I could finish the main part of my lawn. It involved a trip to the local Ace Hardware. It's like Cheers; they know me by name.

Afterward I met with my mother to look at an apartment. We agreed that it's just as well that she stays where she is. Then we went to get some Chinese food and I washed her car and vaccuumed out the inside. Underneath years of road grime was actually a nice white finish. I didn't get to wipe off the dash.

Today I went for a bicycle ride and I'm doing laundry.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

After doctor exam for Pippa (she's good for another year) went to see the Liberty bell and Constition hall. Had lunch at the Red Owl Tavern (wasn't impressed).
They moved the Liberty inside? When I was kid, it was outside, but under guard.
They also had full metal detection with security like at the airport or courthouse.
I forgot I wasn't supposed to go thru the walk thru scanner and high voltaged myself and cringed in pain and half doubled over. Had to explain myself. "Oh, Shit- I wasn't supposed to walk thru that!" I had my Service dog with me, and explained and the guard said, "its happened b4." He reminded me I'm supposed to have an "exempt card." I do. It's in my wallet. I showed it to him. He said he lost his son 2 years ago to a seizure in his sleep. I felt so bad. Said he wished he had a dog to warn him in advance. He'd seen them at the workplace . I gave him a one armed shoulder hug, and told him I was sorry. Epilepsy sucks.
Sad😟
Old 06-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Trophy Husband

Yesterday was car auction day so I spent about 7 hours getting in and out of cars. It was also High School graduation. After graduation they have a "Project Graduation" event at a local gym for the graduating Seniors. It is customary for the parents of Juniors to run and chaperone the event. My wife volunteered to do the 9:00 to 11:30 shift months ago. Guess who was out of town on business yesterday! Yup, so I had to cover it. UHG! It is not like there was an NHL Stanley Cup game 7 on TV or anything. What made it even worse was that I had the task of guarding a garage door so kids did not come in or out. Unfortunately that was exactly where the 2 gas generators were located to operate the various bouncy house attractions. So basically I went home with my ear ringing, smelling like exhaust fumes and all the while could not even see or hear the event.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:22 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

^^
Dang!!
Old 06-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by irie feeling View Post
^^
Dang!!

I forgot to add to the story that when I walked into the event's back door right past the generators upon arrival I had a flashback from about 10 years ago when I was in charge of "Operations" at the kids school fair in VA. My main task was to make sure the 8 or so gas generators where always up and running and had enough fuel in them to keep the bouncy houses going. I said to myself last night "no way I get stuck near these things again". DOH!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

School district homeschool evaluator just left. It's official, Pippa is now a 4th grader.