Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2020, 11:26 PM
Trophy Husband

Worked out, brought cans that pay a deposit to local Lions Club drop off site, got my Acadia emissions test done, went to the supermarket, hit an overpriced bucket of golf balls, did a load of wash, mowed, edged and blew the lawn, did a recon with a bottle of weed and grass killer in the beds, cleaned the pool, cleaned and re-oiled the Mustang cold air intake filter, washed the Stang and took it for 15 minute cruise just because and started to hang new solar lights under the gazebo out back but ended up having to deal with a small bees nest instead. That will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Nothing major.
Just want to put this one out there. For 7 years I've been working on teaching a little girl to curb her sassy little mouth. Be kind and respectful to her parents, and adults. Most important do what your told without complaining. Not just from me, but from teachers and THE POLICE- because they got guns, and their job is to protect you, every day.
Her rebellion has gotten out of hand due to a lack of support. She's mommies little angel and I'm an asshole. I finally got the support I've needed due to recent events and explaining why these events happened, ie. a lack of home training and what I think is certain types of musical culture promoting hate toward the police and authority.
It seems the only thing I can do- without going behind the wood shed with a paddle (can't beat them anymore) is to take away favorite things for 24 hours. Electronics. TV, iPad, phone, laptop. It breaks her spirit.

We have to restore RESPECT.

Looking around I see a generation or 2 wasn't taught about respect.
Rant over.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:24 PM
Trophy Husband

First and foremost I unsubscribed to the public school email list. Yay! I never opened 1 Friday Folder in all my years.

We. Are having a graduation party for my daughter on Saturday. 45-50 guests. Lots to do. Went shopping, and will go 4 more times prior to said party. Did a few loads of wash, cleaned windows inside and out, did a final cleanup of tty he back pool area. Never had leaves to clean so late in the summer. Dropped off recycling cans at lions club, picked up FIL Father's Day gift and made a trip to Goodwill to drop off some stuff. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow and relax.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Still watching various videos on circular breathing. 5 different styles. I got a few down. Biggest obstacle is “closing the gap” between the short breath and the continuing the note on Tongue breathing , and Long inhalation methods.

I’ve also come up with 3 original songs.
Articulated rhythms, if you will. Now I got to memorize them.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Just Dad

I cleared-out the bonus room and began patching nail-pops and imperfections left in the drywall. Someone didn't want to try all that hard that day, it would seem. Hopefully the paint will be drying tomorrow.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 07-01-2020, 02:50 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I went to Home Depot to pick up subflooring. My wife tells me that her vanity will be here on Friday. I need to get ready. I should probably do all the tearout on Friday. Happy 4th of July, huh?

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get my second guitar build done and the third kicked off soon. I'm calling my first two "The Sisters" since they are the same body style, but the second one is smaller and doesn't have as much of a tan.

The body is pretty much done so I'm focusing on the neck. I put a matching plate on the back and installed the tuning machines. I have to install the truss rod in the neck, glue the fretboard on and move on to install the frets. Finishing will take a couple of weeks then it's on to setting it up to actually be playable.

In the meantime, as you can see the back yard is ready for a nice relaxing 4th of July weekend. All that's missing is a cornhole set.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-01-2020, 11:35 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Those look great Kwak, nicely done!

And I have to give you a shout out for your nicely weeded beds, I wish mine looked as good
Old 07-02-2020, 12:08 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Those look great Kwak, nicely done!

And I have to give you a shout out for your nicely weeded beds, I wish mine looked as good
Get yourself some rolls of that commercial grade weed block mesh. The clovers and stuff still pop up but just spritz them with a little distilled white vinegar and they'll die off.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Nicely done, Kwackers!

I putzed around.
Biggest achievement was going to see my General doctor for my 6 month checkup. All is well.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Just Dad

Looks great, Kwak. My painting has been derailed somewhat but still has to be finished by tomorrow. Luck with your project.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati