Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Diaper Jockey

Can't take it anymore!!!! Still talking on MLB Network Radio about the whole hitting guys on purpose in retaliation for bat flips, pimping home runs, now Rhys Hoskins show boating it around the bases after getting one thrown behind his head, etc. Are there times to throw at someone on purpose? YES!!!!!!!!

Casey Stern, "There is no reason what so ever, when a pitcher has a weapon, he can throw 100 MPH in the direction of another human being, that anyone should ever be trying to hit someone on purpose."

I'll go back to 2011. Brewers had a good team. Won NL Central. There was a stretch early in that season where the book on the Brewers hitters was, pitch inside, you'll get them out. Bust guys inside. You're going to hit some batters. There was a series against the Cardinals where 5 Brewers batters were hit in the first two games and I was screaming at the TV, "G-d Dam-it Roenike (manager at the time), throw at Pujols!" I was hot. Before we had kids, I've mellowed on yelling at the TV since, but wife said, "What's wrong with you?" "They've hit 5 of our guys in 2 games and Roenike refuses to throw at a Cardinals player." "You want them to hit someone on purpose?" "YES!!!!" "That's not nice." You have to!!! If they can pitch inside with impunity, no worries of repercussions what so ever, that's a major advantage to them. Don't care if they were just pitching inside and the hit batters weren't on purpose. Knock it off!!! How do you tell them that. You plunk their best player. Want to hit Braun again? Now Edmonds is going to wear one. Going to go inside to Fielder and plunk him. Holliday is going down. Want to keep going? No! They stop pitching inside, advantage back to the hitter.

Sorry. I know that's not "nice" in our politically correct, participation trophy, everybody feels good and expresses themselves world we live in today, but that's how the game is played. Not old school. Not new school. That's just the way it is.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
Can't take it anymore!!!! Still talking on MLB Network Radio about the whole hitting guys on purpose in retaliation for bat flips, pimping home runs, now Rhys Hoskins show boating it around the bases after getting one thrown behind his head, etc. Are there times to throw at someone on purpose? YES!!!!!!!!

Casey Stern, "There is no reason what so ever, when a pitcher has a weapon, he can throw 100 MPH in the direction of another human being, that anyone should ever be trying to hit someone on purpose."

I'll go back to 2011. Brewers had a good team. Won NL Central. There was a stretch early in that season where the book on the Brewers hitters was, pitch inside, you'll get them out. Bust guys inside. You're going to hit some batters. There was a series against the Cardinals where 5 Brewers batters were hit in the first two games and I was screaming at the TV, "G-d Dam-it Roenike (manager at the time), throw at Pujols!" I was hot. Before we had kids, I've mellowed on yelling at the TV since, but wife said, "What's wrong with you?" "They've hit 5 of our guys in 2 games and Roenike refuses to throw at a Cardinals player." "You want them to hit someone on purpose?" "YES!!!!" "That's not nice." You have to!!! If they can pitch inside with impunity, no worries of repercussions what so ever, that's a major advantage to them. Don't care if they were just pitching inside and the hit batters weren't on purpose. Knock it off!!! How do you tell them that. You plunk their best player. Want to hit Braun again? Now Edmonds is going to wear one. Going to go inside to Fielder and plunk him. Holliday is going down. Want to keep going? No! They stop pitching inside, advantage back to the hitter.

Sorry. I know that's not "nice" in our politically correct, participation trophy, everybody feels good and expresses themselves world we live in today, but that's how the game is played. Not old school. Not new school. That's just the way it is.
LOL! You must be a helluva hockey fan! Drop those gloves!
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-25-2019, 11:46 PM
Trophy Husband

The Brew Crew better not be throwing at my Metsies this weekend!
Old 04-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Homeschooling soccer dad

Tim Tebow is back in town.
He's with Syracuse. AAA. Playing against the "IronPigs".
Heard talk on the radio, his Era is only 150. His getting on base 45% of the time.
He's not doing so well.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Diaper Jockey

The Crew has the Metropolitans in for three this weekend. I'm going on Sunday. Hard to see the Brewers doing much this year with the starting pitching that they have. They gambled on three young arms. One, Corbin Burnes, was demoted, recalled, and now in the bullpen. Freddie Peralta got knocked around yesterday, has had only one good start, and will probably be the next to take a trip to San Antonio. Woodruff, who is going tonight, is actually 3-1, but with and ERA of 5.17.

Zach Davies has actually been lights out, which he probably won't keep up. Gio Gonzalez is back and had a good first start, but ultimately, who knows what you're going to get out of him. Jhoulys Chacin is pitching like Jhoulys Chacin - will keep you in games but far from a stopper.

One month in, I stick with my prediction of 3rd place and well out of the playoffs. By the All Star break I expect they'll be closer to last place than first. Already there. 3 games out of last. 3.5 out of first.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 05-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Trophy Husband

GBDad, just be glad your boys are ducking deGROM and Syndegaard after their impressive performances the last two games.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Super Duper Daddy

I admit it: I'm getting sucked back in. I REFUSE to get "Bucs Fever" though. I can't fully commit until after the trade deadline when the "final lineups" are competing. Hopefully the bullpen pulls it together and no more starters get put on the "IL" for a hang nail. (rolls eyes)
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 05-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Diaper Jockey

Sweep!!! Just when I was ripping the starting rotation the Crew gets three good starts in a row. After the 18 inning game Saturday night the Mets sat 4 of their regulars....the Brewers went for the jugular. Cubs starting to get hot.

Red Smith
Old 05-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
Sweep!!! Just when I was ripping the starting rotation the Crew gets three good starts in a row. After the 18 inning game Saturday night the Mets sat 4 of their regulars....the Brewers went for the jugular. Cubs starting to get hot.

Mets finally get good pitching for 2 weeks straight and the bats go silent and lose 3 to the Brew Crew. That is sad.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:11 PM
Trophy Husband

There are no words.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/20/maybe-...ly-are-cursed/