Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Riggs, that is funny, the treeguy I have worked with, he is a fireman, and he did buy a 100' ladder truck to start things off with, he still has it, and won't hesitate to use it either. I was along on a couple jobs he used it on, he had another retired fireman operating the controls. It was novel to be sure.
--
My daughter, she's pooping in her pants on purpose, for attention, might have been the same pattern in preschool, so tomorrow(today), I'm going to be more attentive to her, make sure I 'fill her cup' early in the day, and also enourage regular potty breaks. I know most of her body language already, when she's going to do it, but this is a habit that needs to be corrected, soon.

The coons are active, woke up to what sounded like one on the house again, checked it out, and there was one scurrying up a nearby tree, now maybe I can get back to sleep.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
The coons are active, woke up to what sounded like one on the house again, checked it out, and there was one scurrying up a nearby tree, now maybe I can get back to sleep.
I'm guessing it won't be scurrying up any more trees, right?
;)
Old 04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Super Duper Daddy

What a night, was asleep/awake from 230-5, and just got up here at 9am, thanks kids for being great.

I was hunting with a spotlight last night.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
What? Why? Why? What?

Wife came home early yesterday and we got everything planted. Hopefully the asparagus will work....We can enjoy some in three years....

I hate poison ivy. Can't stand it. Always get it no matter what I do. Gloves or no gloves, take a shower as soon as I come in, use Zanfel to help remove it.

This yard has it everywhere. We tried to spray it but that did little to help kill it.

On another note, I found a tick on my oldest yesterday. It looks like it might have been a deer tick. We're watching the mark closely to see.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:12 AM
getting younger every day

Send a message via Yahoo to chuck

I was chatting with a friend in Netherlands last night, get this the price of gas there $9.10 A GALLON! And we complain about $3!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 PM
SAHD to RN

Not to jinx it, but man, the potty training with Ian is going really well.

Yesterday late afternoon was the best sign yet. He sits on his little potty to pee (he stands at the normal potty, or if we're outside) and as he's pulling his underwear and pants back up he says out loud (to himself) "I have to poop too". He then sits down and releases the mother-load.

The last few days he is going to pee on his own, without prompting or saying anything.

I'm not saying we're out of the woods, or that I'll stop carrying around 3 extra changes of clothes when we go out, but this is nice!
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan View Post
leave us cool kids alone as we sing about testicles.
Boy (2004), Girl (2006)
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Jeff I'm waiting to see my asparagus breakground yet, it should have. I've little to offer on the ivy, none here.

Sounds good Don.

Last night I oiled the hinges on the wifes door, since it was creaking when she went to work and subsequently stirred our daughter, so far, quiet house.

The wind around here yesterday and today, ufdah, I thought the house was going to fall over, creaks and groans like I've never heard before.

A while back the wife prompted me to get a coffee grinder, nothing high brow, but to open my options for when she is shopping. Okay, so its a Mr.Coffee little thing, and I think I hitting the button twice may be too fine, it resembles cocoa powder, but the coffee is much more mild than the usual grounds in the can. So, coffee magii, what should I be doing?

Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
It's beer:30!

well, my coffee grinder I have to continually hold it down until I get it to my liking, so I dont know how you make adjustments to yours. But if you're saying it's ground really fine but still mild, then you simply have mildly roasted beans.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Super Daddy

Send a message via MSN to troy00690

The inlaws got me a coffee grinder a few years back. It has different settings on it for what kind of coffee maker you have and how many cups you are brewing. It is nice. It also came with a pound of free coffee.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

I've got a $12 one that I hold down until it sounds right. Most beans if you grind them too much they get really bitter.