Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Weight Loss
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 03:46 AM
Super Nice Dad

Mother F'er, nice work on the weight loss. I'm Jealous.

HockeySave.com
Old 12-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Thanks gentlemen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Dad View Post
Mother F'er, nice work on the weight loss. I'm Jealous.
You too Don!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Always in for a new season of weight loss/better health thread. Going in for a tiny surgery on Thursday so after that will hit the Wii fit plus again...
Josh-- 3/07

My Blog
Old 12-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Daddy

Send a message via Yahoo to bosoxfan51682

I am thinking about starting out using P90X.. my Brother and his wife are doing it and having AWESOME results.. so I am going to give it a try. My wife thinks that I wont do it because well I dont have the best track record of being that motivated since getting out of the Army in 2006. I am up around 255 lbs now and I used to be down around 212 lbs.. my ultimate goal would be 195-200. I just want to know has anyone else used P90X and does it live up to all the hype I hear?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:16 AM
I am not but I know I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDon View Post
I'm not going to focus on weight loss, as I'll be training for a few events in 2010. So far I'm registered for the Vermont Key City Marathon on 5/30 and that Warrior thing on 9/18. In my sights are a local sprint triathlon here in town mid-june and possibly the Hartford Marathon in October.

How's that?
I am sort of in this boat - I only want to loss body fat or gain some muscle - I want to drop to around 11% BF - I could try to do that by dropping some pounds but....... with my weight that is hard to do - I could also focus on gaining muscle but with endurance training that is almost counter productive..... soooooooooo I am going to just work out, eat, run, bike, swim, play tennis and see what happens !
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Dowdy Kitchen Man

Sorry, got nothing specific on P90X other than it looks damn intense and I'm sure if you actually do it you'll get into pretty good shape. I do wonder what % of the folks who spring for all the DVDs and equipment end up following through with the program. I guess that's the model.

Anyway, I've signed up for the wife's annual January austerity plan again. No booze, no junk food, no snacking for the month. That usually drops 10 lbs off me on its own -- bump that 15 lbs if I get back on the indoor rower three days a week.

So, if you'll excuse me, while I still can I'm going for another beer.

Last edited by stretch; 12-31-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:45 AM
Daddy

Send a message via Yahoo to bosoxfan51682

haha that was my thought too on the springing for all the equipment and everything.. sooo I let my brother do that part..and I get to reap the benifits of him and his wife doing it..they are going to pass it on to me for free. so thats got to be worth something. Once I get it and get started I will report back with progress...I just need someone to kick me in the ass to get me going although the comment from the wife that she doesnt think I will follow through is pretty motivating right now.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxfan51682 View Post
I am thinking about starting out using P90X.. my Brother and his wife are doing it and having AWESOME results.. so I am going to give it a try. My wife thinks that I wont do it because well I dont have the best track record of being that motivated since getting out of the Army in 2006. I am up around 255 lbs now and I used to be down around 212 lbs.. my ultimate goal would be 195-200. I just want to know has anyone else used P90X and does it live up to all the hype I hear?
I got through about 60 days of the program (missing one or two days along the way) the first time I tried it. I liked it, but it is a big committment, since each day's workout is an hour or more in length.

I started it up again on Sunday (from Day 1) and once again, I'm going to try to stick with it and see if I can make it through all 90 days.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Duper Daddy

I have not made it to the gym in 2 months due to one thing or another. I lost 20 lbs, which put me at 195 and now want to put back some lean muscle mass. Was doing mega cardio and now I am going to add weights and try to put on about 10lbs of muscle. Time to say bye-bye to the MOOBS!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Dowdy Kitchen Man

So, one week into the No Beer And No Pizza Make Stretch A Sad Boy initiative and I've dropped just over 10 pounds of bloat already. Must have been hitiing it pretty hard over the holidays!