Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Trophy Husband

GBDad, That guy sounds like a douche! "You know nothing about baseball". Who would say that to somebody they don't even know? Pinch hit for the pitcher down 1-0 in the 5th at home?! Unless there were some other circumstances with the pitcher that only the team knew about maybe. It's not like the Phillies had Steve Carton on the mound. I think you won the argument.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:25 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm with you, GB. The guy had one too many Old Milwaukees. If that were his kid on the mound he'd be singing a different tune and I'd bet dollars to donuts that he's banned from the sidelines at his kids' soccer games. Like Mark said, what a douchebag.

On the results of the current series though, I hope you understand that I will be rooting for my home team.

Tonight the Bucs will have Nova starting on the mound (he's our best starter) and Starling (Oops, I took steroids and I'm sorry) Marte back from his suspension and in left field. Play ball!
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
I'm with you, GB. The guy had one too many Old Milwaukees. If that were his kid on the mound he'd be singing a different tune and I'd bet dollars to donuts that he's banned from the sidelines at his kids' soccer games. Like Mark said, what a douchebag.

On the results of the current series though, I hope you understand that I will be rooting for my home team.

Tonight the Bucs will have Nova starting on the mound (he's our best starter) and Starling (Oops, I took steroids and I'm sorry) Marte back from his suspension and in left field. Play ball!
The Buccos are by no means out of it. Only 5 games back. The Cubs haven't lost yet after the All Star break and the Brewers have lost 3 out of 5. If the Brewers can't hang on I'd sure like to see Pittsburgh get hot. I'd really appreciate them losing the next two against the Brewers though!

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDad View Post
The Buccos are by no means out of it. Only 5 games back. The Cubs haven't lost yet after the All Star break and the Brewers have lost 3 out of 5. If the Brewers can't hang on I'd sure like to see Pittsburgh get hot. I'd really appreciate them losing the next two against the Brewers though!
Shhhhh!! (Dons rally Pirates cap)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The rally cap has worked the last 3 games. Sorry, GB. Today is a day game then the Bucs are off to Colorado. I'm liking the effort by the players and wonder what the GM is going to do before the trade deadline as they are surging. So are the Cubs though. It's getting pretty exciting in the NL Central again.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Diaper Jockey

I knew the collapse was probably coming but I was hoping the Brewers could hang on a little longer. Lead down to 1 game. Those 5.5 games sure disappeared quickly.

I don't expect them to trade the farm to go for it this year, but they find themselves in a position they didn't expect to be in. Trade one of your glut of minor league outfield prospects and a couple of pitching prospects and get a starter and/or some middle relief help.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Super Duper Daddy

It could just as easily go that way with the Bucs, GB. The owner is cheap and has the GM dump salary every July, citing that the farm needs to be bolstered for prospects.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM
Diaper Jockey

Not gonna lie. Today was pretty ugly for the old Beer City Bombers. 15-2 loss to the Nats. Washington hit 8 home runs including 4 in a row (5 total) in the 3rd inning. Brewers ended up using super utility man Hernan Perez to pitch the bottom of the 8th.

Traded a top outfield prospect (Ryan Cordell) to the White Sox for middle/late reliever Anthony Swarzak. Good move, but far too little, about 2 weeks too late. Lost at least 4 games since the all star break with shotty 6th/7th inning pitching. Another couple with blown saves. Simply got blown out in a couple others.

I was waiting for the collapse for 6 weeks now. This solidified it. They are nowhere near a playoff team this year. Could be in 4th place by the end of next week. Have 6 in a row against the Cubs and Cards. If the Pirates stay hot that's not out of realm of possibility. Take the successes of this year and build on it for the future. Watch out for the Brew Crew in 2020!!!

Red Smith
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Don't count on the Pirates. They just lost a series to the Giants. They're 3 games behind the Brewers.