Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Diaper Jockey

If you're a baseball fan you've probably heard the song "Go Cubs Go", at least in passing, whether you know it or not. They play that damn song all the time at Cubs games.....or just because.

Was at Brewers Fan Fest yesterday. Brewers pitcher Tim Dillard made some Dubsmash videos with fans and showed a few that he made. This one's good...

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 03-31-2017, 06:23 PM
Diaper Jockey

Season opens in 2 days!!! The Brewers play 2 exhibition games against the White Sox at Miller Park tonight and tomorrow. Taking the kids tomorrow afternoon. $10 tickets and they give you a $10 concession voucher when you enter the stadium. Good deal and the kids don't know the difference between a pre or regular season game anyway.

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 03-31-2017, 07:55 PM
Trophy Husband

That is a sweet deal GBDad. Have fun and don't steal your kids vouchers for Miller Lites!
Old 04-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Diaper Jockey

Good day with the kids yesterday. Except for the 2 year old going 2 year old for about 20 minutes right before the game started. But that's to be expected. Also, Chicago fan went Chicago fan on a couple of occasions, but, once again, to be expected. Although I thought the mutual hatred of the Cubs shared between White Sox and Brewers fans would be enough for everyone to bond and behave themselves, but guess not.

My wife couldn't go. Had to work. So I had an extra ticket. Had to ask at the gate if I could get the $10 concessions voucher for her ticket even though she wasn't there. Lady says, "Really wish I could. But we can only give them if the person is present." The lady working next to her, "Oh, just give it to him. No one is going to know or care." Sweet! I fully believe that was only because I had my kids with me, but I'll take it. That one did go right across the street to the Miller Brewing Company!!!

REAL games today!!!

Red Smith
Old 04-03-2017, 11:27 AM
Trophy Husband

Glad it went well GBDad.

Today it is Opening Day for the Varsity of NY Baseball. Can't wait! Let's go METS! And F**k ESPN. I had no idea the Yanks were playing yesterday afternoon to start their season. What a shame Tanaka crapped the bed and they lost big time.

GBDad mentioned the Cubs in his last post. People have ordained them NL Champs again this season and maybe beyond. I am not so sure. They lost the guy who started their off their offense and closed out games on the mound. Remebner him? The guy Maddon gave the ball too and left out there in the WS because he did not trust anyone else at the end of games? The Cubs won the WS dispite the actions of Joe Maddon. Should be interesting.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Beach Daddy

Pumped for opening day. Hopefully Strasburg doesn't injure himself to early.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
GBDad mentioned the Cubs in his last post. People have ordained them NL Champs again this season and maybe beyond. I am not so sure. They lost the guy who started their off their offense and closed out games on the mound. Remebner him? The guy Maddon gave the ball too and left out there in the WS because he did not trust anyone else at the end of games? The Cubs won the WS dispite the actions of Joe Maddon. Should be interesting.
Totally agree about the Cubs. No doubt they have a great team. But they would not have won the WS last year without Chapman. May not have even gotten there. Fowler is gone. Ross is gone. Chapman is gone. Heyward better start hitting or he'll be a $100M distraction.

The Nats and Mets (if their pitching stays healthy, not off to a good start) have a shot in the East, never count out the Cardinals, and the Dodgers and Giants will be tough to beat out of the West. And there's always a surprise team that no one sees coming. And as in all sports, it's extremely difficult to repeat. So no, it's not the Cubs season to lose like many are saying.

Discount this all by 20% because I've hated the Cubs my whole life.

Red Smith
Old 04-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Super Duper Daddy

The Bucs got no bats, payroll is down 7% from last year and demand for the home opener in PNC Park is waning after ticket prices went up in recent years. The fans are sick of penny pinching ownership not trying to bring in talent at the major league level. Case in point is the person they had at first last night in the 12th inning. If we still had S Rod that debacle wouldn't have happened.

On the bright side, Cutch seems to have a handle of fielding in right - even though Fenley Park's right field is on the small side. He's still 0 for 9 at the plate though.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Jung Ho Kang is appealing his Visa denial but will likely miss the season. Meanwhile Starling Marte was suspended for 80 games for a positive hit for PFDs, moving Andrew McCutchen from his new position in RF back to center despite having struggled there and at the plate.

I hate to say it but the Bucs are likely done, especially since they have developed this trend of sweeping one series and getting swept the next. Even when Marte comes back, if by some miracle they even get to the playoffs Marte is not eligible to play.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 AM
Trophy Husband

Easy Kwakster! Marte said he did not know he was taking PED's. Poor little bugger!

BS! Shut the f**k up ya friggen liar/cheater! I am almost to the point where if a player is caught using PED's the games prior that season that he played in and won should be reversed to a loss. Hard to come back from that. Might be a better deterrent.