Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Book Club
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Trophy Husband

Me again. Just finished "A Good Month For Murder" by Del Wilber. It recounts the month of Feb. 2013 in Prince George County MD. There were 12 murders in 28 days. It was an inside look as to how these Homicide detectives have to grind it out to close cases. I don't know how they do it. I am a fan of "The first 48" TV show that is basically a condensed version of the book. Thanks god for Security Cameras and cell phones. They are always keeping tabs on the bad guys.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Beach Daddy

Reading "The Heart of everything that is." Its a biography of Red Cloud and the Sioux uprising. Its a slow read but really interesting.
Mark- thanks for keeping this thread going, I am always checking for book ideas.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to gduck Send a message via Yahoo to gduck

The last two books I read were Brewing Local and Wood & Beer.

Not quite the style of book everyone else seems to be reading these days.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:58 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I'm going to read about those Five Love Languages. Papa needs some love.

I'm also rereading Hermann Hesse's "Siddhartha" which was my favorite back in high school. I haven't read it in nearly 30 years.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-18-2017, 03:35 AM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
I'm going to read about those Five Love Languages. Papa needs some love.
Did a group study on this book a few years ago. I felt it was really good and is something that my wife and I still reference. We also did his follow up book "The 4 Seasons of Marriage." Maybe you could get your wife to read it too??
Old 01-18-2017, 03:37 AM
Beach Daddy

Currently reading "The Book Thief"
Old 01-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757dad View Post
Did a group study on this book a few years ago. I felt it was really good and is something that my wife and I still reference. We also did his follow up book "The 4 Seasons of Marriage." Maybe you could get your wife to read it too??
I'm hoping. My wife and I are basically just roommates ATM.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 01-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Trophy Husband

Finished "The Invitation Only Zone" by Robert Boynton. It is the true story of the North Korean abduction of Japanese citizens that took place in the 1970's ans 1980's. After admitting the abductions some 25 years later North Korea said they only had about a dozen Japanese and only 5 were alive (and were returned to Japan) but other information has the numbers in the hundreds and nobody knows where these people are today. The best theory as to why North Korea did this was so that the young couples that they usually abducted (usually in Japan but some were taken all over the world) could be brainwashed and have children that would be raised in the North Korean culture yet have total Japanese DNA and the offspring could be used as North Korean spies in the future. If they were ever caught in Japan as spies their DNA would be totally Japanese and keep North Korea out of it. North Korea today scares me more than any other country. Their brainwashed and isolated people are hoping for a confrontation with someone. The bigger the better.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:58 AM
Beach Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Finished "The Invitation Only Zone" by Robert Boynton. It is the true story of the North Korean abduction of Japanese citizens that took place in the 1970's ans 1980's. After admitting the abductions some 25 years later North Korea said they only had about a dozen Japanese and only 5 were alive (and were returned to Japan) but other information has the numbers in the hundreds and nobody knows where these people are today. The best theory as to why North Korea did this was so that the young couples that they usually abducted (usually in Japan but some were taken all over the world) could be brainwashed and have children that would be raised in the North Korean culture yet have total Japanese DNA and the offspring could be used as North Korean spies in the future. If they were ever caught in Japan as spies their DNA would be totally Japanese and keep North Korea out of it. North Korea today scares me more than any other country. Their brainwashed and isolated people are hoping for a confrontation with someone. The bigger the better.
I think it was a Frontline that I watched on North Korea and how they were smuggling movies in and people out. Some of the undercover footage was crazy. The stuff they are being taught and force fed is crazy
Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 AM
Beach Daddy

Just finished "Killing Floor". Its the 1st of the Jack Reacher books. Pretty fast and fun read.