Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > General Posts
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
getting younger every day

Send a message via Yahoo to chuck

grow corn thats where the money is right now, or even wheat! the world is starving! Oh ya wrong thread ;)
I need some bench time, I was going to a meeting tonight for scouts and had planned to take the kid along and grab something to eat on the way, well the meeting was just canceled and of course I've got nothing out for dinner.............................
Is it ok to have PB&J for dinner??????
Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 PM
What? Why? Why? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Is it ok to have PB&J for dinner??????
Always!! Even pancakes, waffles or french toast....
Old 04-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
Funny you should say that to him Stretchy. I already gave him an idea months ago, he knows it's brilliant too. Get planting Woodrow!

Dude, I already grow more brussells sprouts than we can eat....the wife actually buys it even though the freezer is full of it.

OHhhhhhhhh, you meant that OTHER idea, yeah, between that and the fish, I'd have this whole town of drunken college kids fed, ;;;;;;;;;OMG, that's it, feed the 20,000 college kids expensive fish and free beer, no license, no liability, and bonus points for make-your-own-bonfire, and can you imagine the HOTTIES for babysitters..........Cubby, you missed youre calling dude, I so need a cool front man.

Last edited by woodchuck; 04-14-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I should have never left the ladder against the house, three times I've had to chase the kids off the rooves(roofs)sp???, this is what I get for building their confidence and adventourous side.

OH, just to deal with the really bad day I've had( in my head), I dropped 4 BIG a$$ trees and the kids were like, " so, big deal", I can't win for losing man.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Beer me!

Send a message via Yahoo to tt3

:D My wife would have an absolute fit if I left a ladder up to the roof!
I'm sitting here instead of waking the now sleeping 3yo who was screaming earlier. The silence is nice. Tara is coloring at the table after having helped me with the dishes.
Nice to sit down once in a while.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
It's beer:30!

Mr. Clampett behind us left a 6' ladder up once. When I saw the 2yo girl standing up on the top rung I didn't even bother looking for the mom, I just hurdled the fence and got her down. Next time they leave the ladder out I'm putting the yapping dog up there.

G2 took a 3 1/2 hour nap today.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 PM
AtHomeDaddy

So the school bus won't let kindergarten kids get off unless an older sibling or parent is there to walk them home. Since our oldest is in Kinder, I have to trek to the corner to get the boy every day. Since I can't see the stop from the house, it has been a big pain in the butt all year long, if the younger kid is napping.

Today little sister was wide awake, playing tea party with her dolls but I fell asleep in my comfy reading chair while I was waiting for the bus. Next thing I knew, J, my 6 year old was running in the house, screaming "Hey Dad! I walked myself home!"

Scared the bejebus out of me and woke me up, quick.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Super Duper Daddy

My day just keeps getting better, NOT, a landowner whose land I've been cutting on, reminded me of who was the lordandmaster and who was the serf, thanks buddy.
On the way home from his place, I filled up my truck, $80, sheesh. On from there I stopped at a horseguys house, had stopped once before so he remembered me, well, he has a 4x4 tractor, and I need some red oak logs yanked and loaded, he wants to really see what his tractor can do other than shovel horse poo, so we started striking a deal. I'll be able to share more facts later this week.

Oh yeah, and by the way on the way home I realized......look for it.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
It's too quiet!

Woody,

Don't buy the equipment outright. Look into the possibilities of renting on an as-needed basis until you get established. Maybe you could get a break on rental fees if you did some maintainence for them or became a regular customer? You should do what you're good at and hire gorillas for the heavy-lifting.

You'd also need to do sales calls, quotations/proposals, and advertising. Perhaps the 'downsized' spouse could work the office or even do sales calls/consultations while you're out lumberjacking.

You might also rely on your arborist skills as well. It's not always about 'taking it down'. With your knowledge of trees and all things agricultural, you'd probably be quite dangerous as a landscape architect (not a grass-cutting landscaper) - what to plant and where, for the right reasons.

Don't sell yourself short! And don't let them get ya down!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Career SAHD

Check this on ebay out for what you need for that tree business Woody. Only had 62,000 miles, $5K. Not only that, but your kids, or their friends, would never forget it. I swear, I thing if this had been closer to me, I would've gone for it just for the hell of it. Read the description, this guy is one cool dad. Yea, Indy's is cool too, but look at that thing man!

Last edited by Riggs; 04-15-2008 at 04:57 AM.