Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Fishing Gear

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Playgroups > Local Dad Chat - Meet Ups
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Daddy

On a related note, as far as social lives go, my wife and I have the same problem. She gets up M-F before 6, heads out before 7, teaches, does after school 3 days, physical therapy, etc. I'm taking care of the house and kids by day, working nights, busy with Church stuff over the weekend, etc. Even when we're interacting with adults, it's not in a fun, social type setting mostly. Any wives looking for friends too?

My wife and I really love each other, but can also admit to each other's faces that we need more adult social time than just one another.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Old 08-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Daddy

I've been neglecting this thread. Wife's going away November 4-9 for her sister's 40th with her other sister and their Mom. I was trying to think of something to keep me occupied and have some fun. I thought, "If I don't have day work by then, or at least those days, I can lock myself up with my guitar by day and play until my fingers bleed to make up for the time I never get."

Then I realized, the reason she's able to get those days away is because there's no school Thursday and Friday because of teacher conventions, meaning my kids are home too. Monday's the only work day she's missing. Any Jersey dads either wanna get together or have any ideas what I can do with the boys? 7 & 5, both with autism, love to run off in opposite directions with a precision that makes me suspect either telepathy or preplanning involved, so I have to get them out to do something.

Good news is I have babysitting coverage that Saturday night, so I can do the gig with my band that night.

King of a blended family - Three girls (23, 23, 20), three boys (19, 8, 6) and four angels who didn't make it ^i^ ^i^ ^i^ ^i^