Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
A productive Christmas week. My dad and I poured another 65 sqft of concrete under the house. That should bring the total to about 135 extra sqft of storage/workspace under the house. Not much, but that will be my "wood shop".
Awesome! I am envious. Are you putting in a dust collection system and a storage room for wood?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 12-29-2020, 05:54 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Meanwhile, my basement is a mess. I don't know where to start. Our trash contractor has become VERY picky and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get rid of large pieces of styrofoam without making a huge mess. It's going to be months before I'm able to tinker on my terms.

My wife is midway through a two week "staycation" and has settled into her new bathroom and cleaned out half the clutter. Now she has designs to paint her office; walls, shelves AND ceiling. She has been grumbling about holes from he missing curtain rods and is hinting strongly that we NEED to put those French doors in. I HATE hanging doors, but the quotes I've gotten are ridiculous. I need to pull off the molding around the opening to see what the actual measurements are. Trim work no longer intimidates me. I HATE spackling though.

BTW, kiddo wants his room painted a different color. I may put him to work.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Just Dad

I am sooo... looking forward to the weekend. I've got steering parts trickling-in to work on my Dad's '96 Bronco. We're doing all of the hydraulics. I'm hoping that this will take an hour or two of play out of the steering. They're notorious for developing significant wander as they age.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 12-31-2020, 02:05 AM
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCubs View Post
I am sooo... looking forward to the weekend. I've got steering parts trickling-in to work on my Dad's '96 Bronco. We're doing all of the hydraulics. I'm hoping that this will take an hour or two of play out of the steering. They're notorious for developing significant wander as they age.

What's the rush?! Beer and wrenches on a cool old truck!
Old 12-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Just Dad

No rush. It's just that my days "off" are few and far between. It's not happening anyway. The shipment status of the red-head box is delayed to next Wednesday. So, next Thursday or Friday looks like the day.

"Just smile and wave, boys, smile and wave"--The Penguins, Madagascar

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 01-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I've been doing a lot of furniture shuffling. I put three huge pieces on the curb over recent weeks and moved a desk into the spare bedroom which will be my office again. I'm having Home Depot put French doors in in my wife's "office" but it won't happen until next month.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:14 PM
Trophy Husband

Last week the garbage disposal froze up. While trouble shooting it I found that water was leaking from the bottom so the unit was toast. The freeze up actually did me a favor since I would not have discovered the leak until much later. My good friend Steve Bezos knew a guy and I had a exact replacement delivered to me 2 days later. The hardest part of the swap out was getting the rubber dishwasher hose off and of course the ceremonial trip to HD due to my plumbers putty container broke and it was al dried out.
Old Today, 02:17 AM
Trophy Husband

More appliance woes here today. Found out my 16 year old whirlpool Duet dryer is done. I have repaired it 2 times the last couple of years. Working 4 days a week gives me less time for this type of stuff. That and the age made me just decide to replace. Good run for a machine that is that old and moved 3 times. Decided to swap out the washer as well. Same age and already repaired 1 time last year. So after washing 2 loads I went to the laundry mat and while drying 2 loads I went to the nearby HD and found a nice deal on a pair my wife and I were checking out. They get delivered and installed Saturday. Made a second run with 2 other loads to the laundry mat to dry later on. I also cleaned my son's room that "he cleaned" prior to heading back to VA today. UHG! Had to fix his wooden bed frame that just broke for no reason. How about him and 1-2 other buddies up there gaming and jumping around.

I also had my Internet company stop by and update my modem after 7 years. Been having issues. Hopefully that is behind us.

Last edited by Mark B.; Today at 02:21 AM.