Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Other Stuff > Sports Talk
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Diaper Jockey

BOHICA New York Mets....Happy Bobby Bonilla Day! Good for him though! Nicely done!

Many "summer camps" getting under way today and certainly by the weekend. Will be interesting to see if this thing actually gets underway. Explosions of cases in Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California - some of which are reinstating shut downs and restrictions and these 4 states house 10 of the 30 MLB teams. I think it's far from certain we actually see MLB this year. Or NFL, or college football, or........

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith
Old 07-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Diaper Jockey

With no fans in the stands for games this year the San Francisco Giants are giving their season ticket holders the opportunity to submit a photo of themselves which will be displayed on cardboard cutouts placed in the stands. Interesting idea. So the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel listed the top 10 people they'd like to see in the stands on cardboard cutouts at Brewers games.

Uecker of course. The Packers of course are represented. The Fonze. A local pseudo-celebrity attorney. And then.....Front Row Amy.

As the story goes, during the Brewers first playoff run in 26 years in 2008 she attended a Brewers game and fell in love with it. Good for her. So she got full season tickets, attends about 50 games a year, and sells the rest. She's become somewhat of a celebrity, sitting in the first row right behind home plate, and has had her own bobblehead, media attention, autograph sessions, t-shirts, etc.

Not sure what she has that I don't got, yet no one seems to give a shit about 17th Row Dave. *****Make sure to click on image link*****

https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_asset...75a98ef4e1c7e4

"Ninety feet between bases is the nearest thing to perfection that man has yet achieved."

Red Smith

Last edited by GBDad; 07-02-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:14 PM
Trophy Husband

It is only preseason but I CAN'T WAIT to watch the Mets tonight vs the Yankees tonight.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Diaper Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
It is only preseason but I CAN'T WAIT to watch the Mets tonight vs the Yankees tonight.
YES!!! I can't wait. Been watching the Brewers "Blue and Gold Series" scrimmages the last week. They're streaming them online with the regular TV and radio announcers. (Uecker hasn't made an appearance yet but he's planning on doing all 60 games this year). Tune up game in Chicago vs the White Sox on Wednesday and open against the sCrUBS on Friday.

As for there being no fans in the stands, no biggie! I'll just pretend it's 2002 when the Crew went 56-106. No problem with social distancing that year. Looked about the same and these scrimmages they've been doing.

Saw that Judge went Judge vs the Mets and went yard twice yesterday. Watched a little and they were talking about the "Mayor's Cup" or whatever they called it. Mets/Yankees exhibition games that sold out and were hotly contested for the 30 years before interleague play. That's what I miss about the exclusivity of the leagues before interleague play. Always made exhibitions like that, the All Star Game, and the World Series special. Oh well, with the universal DH (don't kid yourself, it's here to stay) we're now the NFL and the NBA and the leagues only exist for postseason seeding. Whatever.

Play Ball!!!

Red Smith
Old 07-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Trophy Husband

F U MLB. With everything going on they should be giving away all of the games played this season away for free. But NO! Where I live I can't pay to watch the Mets. So what is a Man to do? Find it free online. HD and full screen with no ads and no commercials in between innings. My gift to Y'all.

https://watch-sports.live/
Old 07-27-2020, 04:20 PM
Super Duper Daddy

19 people on the Miami Marlins tested positive for COVID 19
AFTER playing in Philadelphia. The season is in jeopardy. I am not surprised. Based on attendance one would think that the Marlins would be low risk, tight? After denying Toronto from temporarily relocating to Pittsburgh because of the “risk” the PA director of health (DOH) is sounding more like Homer Simpson.

Seriously, how did they NOT expect this to happen?
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 07-27-2020, 05:55 PM
Diaper Jockey

Yeah, that didn't take long. If another team or two have issues it's probably bye-bye baseball. Don't see how they'd be able to play football if MLB can't make it 72 hours into the season without a team or two going down.

On the plus side, we had a great SUMMER weekend in the backyard. Kids having water fights, had the grill going, and Uecker bringing us baseball on the radio. Almost felt normal for a while!

Red Smith
Old 07-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Diaper Jockey

You don't ever condone head hunting. But that cocky little shit, Alex Bregman, got a buzz-cut at 96 from Joe Kelly. Benches cleared after Kelly struck out Carlos Correa, after buzzing his tower, and then mocked him with a pouty lower lip and told him where to go. While the Dodgers may give them the worst of it, I wouldn't get too comfortable in the box this season if I were an Astros hitter.

https://www.mlb.com/video/benches-clear-after-strikeout

Red Smith