Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Good Morning! (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13769)

tt3 09-21-2013 02:08 PM

Must be something in the air, I made banana pancakes too! No chocolate chips, though.

I thought about snapping a picture and tagging 57Plymouth on Facebook. :icon_lol:

Kwak 09-21-2013 02:26 PM

Hey, that makes three. Actually, I'm supposed to make pancakes with butterscotch chips every other day or else autismo has a bad tantrum. He actually wants them every day but I can sometimes redirect him on to frozen waffles.

BTW, I was up at 3:30, 4:30 and 6:30 for water. Boy has dry mouth because of the sleep medication - that apparently doesn't work during the week of the full moon.

:morons:

mogwai dad 09-21-2013 03:54 PM

It's too friggin warm this morning for my taste. I thought it would stay pretty cool for the boy's soccer game this morning and it was warm enough to make it uncomfortable. Looks like I'll only have to deal with it today as the next few days will be pleasant.

TwoCubs 09-22-2013 11:28 AM

Mmm... another chilly morning. Good morning, get yourself a cup of java and have a seat.

feedthemachine 09-22-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 270095)
Mmm... another chilly morning. Good morning, get yourself a cup of java and have a seat.

You said it ,,,Bye-bye summer :w00t:

Mark B. 09-22-2013 12:44 PM

Good morning from sunny ocean city MD! Heading home this morning. :(

Kwak 09-22-2013 02:22 PM

I used to like fall, but nowadays it's a four letter F word to me. All it means now is less chance to go outside and marching kids wearing shorts and t-shirts back upstairs to get some warmer clothes on.

Anyway, the wife left before everyone else was up to catch her flight to San Fran. 7AM flight, OTD at 4:45. I don't know when she'll land or even what her flight number or airline is. I told her to call when she lands, but I'm not expecting her to.

feedthemachine 09-22-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 270099)
I used to like fall, but nowadays it's a four letter F word to me. All it means now is less chance to go outside and marching kids wearing shorts and t-shirts back upstairs to get some warmer clothes on.

Anyway, the wife left before everyone else was up to catch her flight to San Fran. 7AM flight, OTD at 4:45. I don't know when she'll land or even what her flight number or airline is. I told her to call when she lands, but I'm not expecting her to.

Seriously !?

Kwak 09-22-2013 04:21 PM

Yeah. We have issues, but who doesn't?

feedthemachine 09-23-2013 11:23 AM

Sorry kwak ,i just thought a cross country fight would at least warrant a touch down phone call ..

Morning all :busy:

gduck 09-23-2013 12:45 PM

Too much crying and screaming before I even had a drop of coffee. Makes me cranky. Even the cats have turned it up to 11 this morning.

stayathomedaddad 09-23-2013 02:29 PM

Good morning. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I can relate about the crying and screaming. I would love to have a morning with peace and quiet. Oh well, maybe someday.

Kwak 09-23-2013 03:32 PM

My wife did end up calling. I'm just being oversensitive. I just wish I could go on trips like that - even though this one is for work. She did had plans to go to Napa valley yesterday though and will be incommunicado during the seminar, not to mention the three hour time difference.

gduck 09-23-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayathomedaddad (Post 270118)
Good morning. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I can relate about the crying and screaming. I would love to have a morning with peace and quiet. Oh well, maybe someday.

I figure I'll get plenty of peace and quiet when I'm in the nursing home with only the faint beeps, whistles and buzzes of the machinery I'm on keeping me company. It's nice to have something to look forward to.

TwoCubs 09-23-2013 08:24 PM

I'm looking forward to camping with the kids in a couple years when we have weather like this.

TwoCubs 09-24-2013 11:00 AM

Mornin', Gents. Ah... the quiet before the storm. Where's my coffee?

Kwak 09-24-2013 11:04 AM

Good morning,

I can't decide if the older kid's cough is allergy induced or if he's coming down with a cold.

TwoCubs 09-24-2013 11:09 AM

There's always Benadryl with the side benny of making a person sleepy. Way back when I could sleep in on a Saturday, that was one of my favorite ways of dealing with allergies, except that it kind of left my sinuses too dry at times.

gduck 09-24-2013 12:34 PM

Hope it's not the cold. We went through that last week - everyone in the house. Not fun times.

This morning has started off much better than yesterday. I didn't get woken up by screaming, and just got up at a much more reasonable time. G actually used the bathroom on his own for the first time in a few weeks after his regression. He even stayed in his bed the whole night instead of halfway through the night migrating to the couch. I could get used to starting my day without getting upset at anyone!

stayathomedaddad 09-24-2013 12:58 PM

Good morning to all. My twin girls were fighting over a ball. Now they are still screaming because I took the ball away from them. Another lovely day in the neighborhood.

stayathomedaddad 09-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 270155)
Good morning,

I can't decide if the older kid's cough is allergy induced or if he's coming down with a cold.

Hopefully it is not a cold.

tt3 09-24-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayathomedaddad (Post 270163)
Good morning to all. My twin girls were fighting over a ball. Now they are still screaming because I took the ball away from them. Another lovely day in the neighborhood.

I still do that to the 8 and 10yos. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now.

stayathomedaddad 09-24-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt3 (Post 270167)
I still do that to the 8 and 10yos. You'd think they'd have it figured out by now.

LOL, yes you would think they would have. My boys also do the same thing. I wonder if it is because they are so close in age that they do it.

gduck 09-27-2013 12:35 PM

Drinking my coffee and watching a wall of white outside... fortunately not snow yet, just a whole lot of fog. Looks like a nice day to stay inside and do as little as possible.

feedthemachine 09-27-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gduck (Post 270303)
Drinking my coffee and watching a wall of white outside... fortunately not snow yet, just a whole lot of fog. Looks like a nice day to stay inside and do as little as possible.

:lol: Id drink to that but my schedule is packed today

stayathomedaddad 09-27-2013 03:50 PM

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

gduck 09-30-2013 12:41 PM

It's one of those days that really feels like a Monday - and not just because it actually is one. Spilled half my coffee all over the carpet, the baby somehow got the tissue box off the table and proceeded to shred lord knows how many tissues.

I think I will have that second cup...

feedthemachine 09-30-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gduck (Post 270360)
It's one of those days that really feels like a Monday - and not just because it actually is one. Spilled half my coffee all over the carpet, the baby somehow got the tissue box off the table and proceeded to shred lord knows how many tissues.

I think I will have that second cup...

:lol:
3rd cup down for me ...
Oh and Happy B-day to ME :icon_mrgreen:

stayathomedaddad 09-30-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedthemachine (Post 270362)
:lol:
3rd cup down for me ...
Oh and Happy B-day to ME :icon_mrgreen:

Good morning. Happy Birthday feedthemachine!

Riggs 09-30-2013 07:06 PM

Happy Birthday ftm, hope it's a great day, cheers!

mogwai dad 10-01-2013 05:26 AM

Happy Belated Birthday Feed!

Kwak 10-01-2013 11:25 AM

Happy belated birthday, man. I hope it was a good one.

Meanwhile, we've been up since 3 AM asking for "water" but Justin wasn't thirsty; her just wanted to hear nature sounds on Mommy's alarm clock. I won't s ay what time my stupid @$$went to bed but I think I'm going to take a nap today. in the meantime I've got two kids to get ready for school but come 9am, oh sweet Lord my head will be on that pillow and my aching back will be in a real bed, not the rack I've been getting by on for the past year.

feedthemachine 10-01-2013 12:15 PM

Thank you guys ,,just another day here ,but i did get a DQ ice cream cake :icon_mrgreen:

Kwak ,enjoy that nap buddy!

Morning all :busy:

Kwak 10-01-2013 12:53 PM

Mmmm. DQ ice cream cake.....! *drool*

2 cups of coffee and a quick shower may have been a mistake; I'm too charged up now. There are some things I need to take care of anyway. Maybe I'll take a siesta instead.

stayathomedaddad 10-01-2013 01:37 PM

Good morning. Hope you are able to get that nap Kwak.

Kwak 10-02-2013 01:28 PM

Good morning, guys!

I'm still in the afterglow of the Bucs' victory last night but neglected to give myself enough time to sleep because as was the case the last few days the older kiddo woke up in the wee AM screaming for some treat or another. I got him to quiet down until 6AM but by then it was GO TIME. I was really tired at first but oddly I'm not now so I should have enough energy to get something accomplished today.

feedthemachine 10-02-2013 01:34 PM

Morning fellas,,
great win for the Buccos ,me and the little girl stayed up to watch it !1 year molars are coming in !
Gonna be 77 today ,,really .Come on !!

Kwak 10-02-2013 01:35 PM

It's a good day to plant some grass that died off or go on a bike ride.

stayathomedaddad 10-02-2013 01:41 PM

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great day.

gduck 10-02-2013 01:56 PM

With the wife home I have a list of things I keep putting off that need to get done, but never get around to because the kids are often in the way. Looks like I'm going to be tackling some things on that list.

But right now, just me, my coffee, and a glazed donut. Awwww yeah.