Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Good Morning! (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13769)

irie feeling 04-09-2015 11:37 AM

Good morning

Kwak 04-09-2015 01:34 PM

Change of plans: had to go get midweek groceries - all my wife seems to buy are her pricey frozen dinners and a ham for Easter that could have fed twice as many people as it did - and now I'm hopped up on Starbucks. Once the rain stops and the sun comes out I'll be laying fertilizer and Grub Ex.

gduck 04-09-2015 01:48 PM

Good morning. It was nice to wake up this morning and hear out of both ears. Progress I tell ya!

Quiesco Viduata 04-09-2015 01:58 PM

Mornin' gents. Security company coming this morning to install security features and swap out the old unit with the new unit. Much the same features we had in our old house with Vivint, but we went with a local company/provincial security company this time around (we used them previously as well). The nice thing is, same features, but over $12/month cheaper. It'll be good to have this up and running and the house monitored. I'm not sure what the previous owners were trying to protect, but they had four security cameras around the outside of the house. I'm surprised how quickly I get use to them and how often I use them - something I would have never thought of installing myself, but it's great for knowing where our son is when he's outside. LOL!!!

irie feeling 04-09-2015 05:50 PM

Drug dealers put camera around the doors on the outside so they can identify who's at the door, and get rid of the evidence if it's the po-po.

Quiesco Viduata 04-10-2015 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 282368)
Drug dealers put camera around the doors on the outside so they can identify who's at the door, and get rid of the evidence if it's the po-po.

LOL!!! Does make one wonder. With the security company here today we found out how hard wired and secure this house was - unreal. I know at one point there was some sort patent item in this house in regard to quit smoking. Looked the address up on the web and found it all registered with the government and the patent and guys name (must have been the original builder of the home or the one after him). So perhaps that is why. The last guy, was into fixing cars and bikes, so perhaps that was the reason for the cameras to prevent any hooligans from coming in and stealing his bike parts. Anyway, good conversation pieces as people stand by the video monitor looking at it. LOL!!!!

Kwak 04-10-2015 10:14 AM

Good morning, guys.

I may be up a little earlier but I'm feeling more rested. The storms last night woke Justin up before I went to bed so I had to get him settled. I managed to fight off sleep enough to wait out until he fell back asleep so that I could sneak back into my own bed before midnight. Otherwise I would have woken him back up with my snoring and he would have been up all night.

I have to be honest, the process reminded me of when I used to get The Nudge for midnight feedings 10 years ago now and I'm sad that it still comes to this but I'll take peace and quiet over the alternative of midnight cleanup duties.

Anyway I feel better because waiting out for the chance to sneak into a queen sized bed with a pillow top mattress is much better than two people in a single bed with no box spring and a cracked frame. Followed by a gentle rousing at 5 as my wife starts her day followed by a quick shower for me at 5:30 and I almost feel human again. It may not be much but it certainly is much better than getting awakened with a knot in my side.

Hopefully the rest of the morning goes smoothly; I need to get going with the hunt for a new school for Justin. I've allowed myself to become distracted by other things.

irie feeling 04-10-2015 11:45 AM

Good morning. I took some Alleve and went to bed soundly. Woke up refreshed instead of yawning. Hope we all have a nice Friday.

gduck 04-10-2015 02:40 PM

Good morning. Keeping my fingers crossed, but this is the first morning in awhile no one woke up with stuffy noses or coughing.

irie feeling 04-11-2015 11:34 AM

Oy!
G'day mates!

Mark B. 04-11-2015 02:03 PM

Good morning from sunny and warm FL!!!

Tomcat 04-11-2015 06:19 PM

Where?

irie feeling 04-11-2015 08:35 PM

Solich for my theory that Mark was abducted by aliens.

Mark B. 04-11-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irie feeling (Post 282401)
Solich for my theory that Mark was abducted by aliens.

Dude, no shortage of illegal aliens here! Goodbye FL! Mexico here we come!!!!

Kwak 04-13-2015 10:39 AM

Happy monday morning, gents. It's supposed to be a nice one I hope you all enjoy it.

irie feeling 04-13-2015 11:47 AM

Thank God it's Monday!

tt3 04-13-2015 01:05 PM

Gooooood morning! Had a great weekend with my brothers in NC, didn't get a chance to meet up with Hock but had a lot of fun walking up and down Chapel Hill streets drinking good beer. We played some disc golf, hiked Duke Forest... did I mention beer?

Got home to a very glad I was home wife and now it's a day of cleaning!

Kwak 04-13-2015 01:33 PM

My condolences, T. There are stickers all over the kitchen floor in my house and I ain't mopping because I'm blowing up the pool so it's gonna get muddy.

It's also the Pirates home opener so there will be hell to pay if the tv is tuned to Doc Freaking McStuffins @ 4 when Little Lord Fontleroy gets home.

Until then the bike tires are pumped and so am I.

gduck 04-13-2015 02:14 PM

Good morning. Still exhausted from all the projects around the house yesterday. I think today is mostly going to be devoted to cleaning up the mess I left behind yesterday.

Riggs 04-13-2015 02:39 PM

Morning! Sounds like a great break tt, awesome. Hope you get a good bike ride in Kwak.

I got a bit of a break with 4 days in the mountains a week ago. It may have snowed, but it's so peaceful and beautiful with those diamonds floating down. Mr. Wind helped me get started on firewood cutting, blew down a bunch of trees this winter. Got a bunch of them cut up. Not everybody's idea of relaxing, but it is for me. The bonfires with limbs is always a plus too! I love getting away from electronics with the boys. I even beat them at Risk for the first time!

irie feeling 04-14-2015 11:51 AM

Good morning.

tt3 04-14-2015 03:20 PM

Good morning. I finally got the taxes done. Why does HRBlock have to charge $19.99 to e-file our state return? is that something the state passes on or a "convenience" money grab?
Stupid whatever it is, now I have to run to the post office.
Jerks.

Kwak 04-14-2015 03:39 PM

Good morning,

I overextended myself yesterday. I intended to take it easy and started my Trek (bike make pun there) by driving out to a point where I'd have a nice level ride. I had enough water but I got a sore knee and backside. I also grabbed the wrong helmet yesterday (I took one of the kid's so it was too small) and reached a point where I had to brave the highway while they work on building an overpass. I could have become a road pizza because there were big trucks hauling shale from a nearby quarry and they are notorious for speeding. By my estimates I rode about 18 miles on crushed limestone, cutting west and north out toward the airport.

One interesting bit of scenery yesterday was that part of the trail runs through an abandoned railroad tunnel and a crew had just finished chipping ice away from the ceiling so that it wouldn't fall on passers through. There were HUGE chunks of ice laying off to the side which I found surprising, but hey it's only now getting warm out right?

irie feeling 04-15-2015 12:14 PM

Good morning!

gduck 04-15-2015 01:10 PM

Good morning. Nice when you wake up and find all the cleaning you did the day before is miraculously intact.

Kwak 04-15-2015 01:29 PM

Good morning. looks like today will be a good day for fishing.

mogwai dad 04-15-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt3 (Post 282418)
Good morning. I finally got the taxes done. Why does HRBlock have to charge $19.99 to e-file our state return? is that something the state passes on or a "convenience" money grab?
Stupid whatever it is, now I have to run to the post office.
Jerks.

Is that all? I think it might be a state thing, because we have to file in pa and jersey and its $40 each.

Captain Tuttle 04-15-2015 01:48 PM

Good morning, at the doctor for my physical, got to sleep in and will have a short day. The high blood pressure, elevated liver enzymes from too much beer and high cholesterol are worth it haha.

I need a new damn job

Riggs 04-15-2015 02:01 PM

Morning. Hope the Doc tells you to get a mellower job for your blood pressure Capt., hehe.

Yeah, I don't get the whole pay to have taxes done electronically thing. They say here how much cheaper it is for them at the state/fed tax office if you do it that way. Wouldn't it save $ for them to just pay the software cos. then? Guess not, so they have to go through mine after I hand wrote them on paper. Easier and cheaper for me. I figure I'm helping somebody keep their job.

TwoCubs 04-16-2015 10:50 AM

Good morning. I used to do taxes by hand as well, but then I did them electronically one year and found I must not have been carrying a one somewhere. I received a substantial amount more on my return doing it electronically, and I didn't have to fill-in everything all over again the next year. I get my taxes knocked out in about 20-30 minutes each year now.

Oh yeah, another benny to living in TN... no state income tax. This year was my last year to have to file one. Whoo Hoo! :laughing:

gduck 04-16-2015 01:35 PM

Morning get all. Sunshine email to start the day three days in a row. Pretty crazy for around here.

Kwak 04-17-2015 10:25 AM

Good morning,

Justin is off for a school in service day. I didn't know about it until yesterday because the school calendar is MIA. I hope the weather holds out so Justin and I can at least go to the zoo. He's going to be bored all day otherwise.

tt3 04-17-2015 11:33 AM

Good morning. Another night on the couch. Leah needed a neb and benadryl, trouble breathing last night because of the outdoor activity. That kid goes 100% hard until her body says STOP. There's no moderating her.

irie feeling 04-17-2015 11:46 AM

Good morning.

TwoCubs 04-17-2015 11:54 AM

Morning. My wife made breakfast for dinner last night. It was good... my stomach just didn't agree. I awoke this morning feeling as if I had never slept. :tired: Coffee doesn't seem to be helping. At least I didn't have to cook.

gduck 04-17-2015 02:04 PM

Good morning. Everyone over slept this morning and it made for a bit of chaos getting Gabe to school and the wife off to work.

But it's quiet now and coffee will make things all better.

irie feeling 04-18-2015 11:53 AM

Good morning, good coffee.

Mark B. 04-18-2015 01:15 PM

Good morning. Heading back to CT today.

irie feeling 04-18-2015 02:02 PM

Uno mas cervesa, por favor?

Riggs 04-18-2015 02:26 PM

Morning. Quiet here, gamer boy sleeping after staying up late. Older son taking ACT test. Wife in Kentucky. Time for more coffee.