Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Good Morning! (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13769)

Kwak 09-09-2013 02:38 PM

Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.

stayathomedaddad 09-09-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 269735)
Wow. Losing 55 pounds is certaintly an act of dedication. I'd love to drop about 30 pounds if I could and get back under 175. I got down to that by going on Atkins but I'd never do that again.

BTW, Twocubs, you got me feeling all inadequate now. I'm at 202 right now and consider myself to be in the worst shape I've ever been in my life. In high school I was 145. Looking back I'm nearly twice the person I was.

My wife said I went overboard losing the weight, but I had my mind set to do it. I weighed around 140 when I graduated. Never thought I would ever weigh 200.

Kwak 09-09-2013 02:52 PM

LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?

stayathomedaddad 09-09-2013 02:59 PM

Yes you did, and I am doing better.
Was curious about the cross country skis because I do not know anything about them. On Ebay there is a package deal for $139.

Captain Tuttle 09-09-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 269737)
LOL, I thought I told you to stop listening to your wife? I've told mine if she didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. That's just me being diplomatic in front of the kids though.

Anyway, one thing that always worked for me was cutting out carbs. I could never give up the barley and hops though. That's like my personal little brown trophy at the end of a marathon day.

Exercise, too. Biking was always my thing but kids changed that and even though both of mine are now, in school all day it's about to be hard to do because of the weather. I'm wondering how much a decent set of cross country skis would set me back?

Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.

Mark B. 09-09-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle (Post 269739)
Yep, I cut out beer in June and have dropped 30 pounds without batting an eye. I was drinking alot though.

Nobody likes a quitter! :icon_rolleyes:

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.

Captain Tuttle 09-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 269740)
Nobody likes a quitter! :icon_rolleyes:

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.

This stuff
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nawHwLqXon...ustom%2529.jpg

I've always drank alot though.

Mark B. 09-09-2013 05:36 PM

Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.

Captain Tuttle 09-09-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 269742)
Straight up? You are a better man than me. The reason I asked was because I know a few people who bagged beer and switched to booze or wine thinking it would be better weight wise for them and things got worse.

That Vintage seltzer has a lot of good fruit flavors too. Mandarin is my favorite. Very thirst quenching.

Mandarin was all I used to drink but I started (years ago) getting a club soda when I went to dinner or whatever and really enjoyed it. Ended buying the plain when they were out of what I liked and loved it. It's kind of like coffee, once you get used to it black milk and sugar ruins it (at least for me, I've never had much of a sweet tooth)

feedthemachine 09-09-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 269740)
Nobody likes a quitter! :icon_rolleyes:

Capt., did you give up suds and replace it with a different drug of choice?

BTW, how small are some of you guys? 145lbs?! I have not weighed that since middle school. My best adult weight was 185-190 when I in my late 20's. I am now at 215.

:lol:
I know right,i'm 235 ATM and don't consider myself out of shape,,even though i just tore my knee up


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Dadstayshome.com