Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Good Morning! (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=13769)

Kwak 01-01-2014 04:16 PM

Yup. I came home from the first night out with my wife in months to one kid awake and some late nightcarpet scrubbing. Now the kids are bored but at least one of us is NOT hung over.

Kwak 01-05-2014 12:48 PM

Good morning, gents.

Even though I had a hard getting my needy 6yo to bed and my autistic 9yo was up at 10:30, 1 and 6:15 it was still a quiet night. Oddly, i'm not even grumpy and I think I owe it all to Samuel Adams with dinner and the prospect of stealing away for 4 hours later to see the Hobbit.

It's the little things that keep me going.;^)

Hope you all have a good one. And remember: Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. I'd say "go to church" but Peter Jackson and J R R Tolkien would reveal me to be a hypocrite in that regard.

TwoCubs 01-06-2014 12:47 PM

Ugh... Morning, all. Tired, very tired. My little girl was up screaming at 1am. Gas, nothing but gas. Changed her, rocked her, and put her back to sleep. Then I couldn't get back to sleep till around 3am. When I woke up, I thought today was Tuesday.

Not a great way to start a Monday.

Oh well, looks like some of you guys got some snow. Enough to make tunnels and a snow fort maybe? Don't get too cold. Stay safe.

Getting some more coffee now. :busy:

Kwak 01-06-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 273058)
Ugh... Morning, all. Tired, very tired. My little girl was up screaming at 1am. Gas, nothing but gas. Changed her, rocked her, and put her back to sleep. Then I couldn't get back to sleep till around 3am. When I woke up, I thought today was Tuesday.

Not a great way to start a Monday.

Oh well, looks like some of you guys got some snow. Enough to make tunnels and a snow fort maybe? Don't get too cold. Stay safe.

Getting some more coffee now. :busy:

Ugh. Late night screaming is the worst. Does she seem sensitive to certain foods? How has her appetite been?

We got a little snow so far with a LOT of wind but the real concern is the impending life-threatening temperatures. We're already looking at a 2 hour delay and things are likely going to be messy by the afternoon rush hour.

TwoCubs 01-06-2014 01:08 PM

Not sure what made her gassy. My wife fed them for most of the day, while I got a little work time in the remodel. I guess that I will find out in an hour or two. ;)

feedthemachine 01-06-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 273062)
Not sure what made her gassy. My wife fed them for most of the day, while I got a little work time in the remodel. I guess that I will find out in an hour or two. ;)

LOL ,,,nice/

Well, morning fellas ,,busy here this morning

Kwak 01-06-2014 01:25 PM

Morning, FTM. Are the kids off because of the weather? It looks like snowmobile and ice fishing weather is coming. Get yerself a hot totty.

feedthemachine 01-06-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwak (Post 273065)
Morning, FTM. Are the kids off because of the weather? It looks like snowmobile and ice fishing weather is coming. Get yerself a hot totty.

Actually an early dismissal ,that cold artic blast is due to hit about mid afternoon ..
Got plenty of wood and the fire has been roaring ,,bring it on

Mark B. 01-06-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCubs (Post 273062)

Ah, memories! I am reminded of when my son was nearing the end of his diaper days. When ever he ate Frito chips the little colored flakes in them would look like sparkles in his doo doo. Funny and gross at the same time.

P.S. Good morning..... not!

TwoCubs 01-06-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark B. (Post 273075)
Ah, memories! I am reminded of when my son was nearing the end of his diaper days. When ever he ate Frito chips the little colored flakes in them would look like sparkles in his doo doo. Funny and gross at the same time.

P.S. Good morning..... not!

:eusa_sick: That's just funny. :lol: