Stay at Home Dads Forum

Stay at Home Dads Forum (http://www.dadstayshome.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Dads (http://www.dadstayshome.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Philadelphia dads (http://www.dadstayshome.com/showthread.php?t=6913)

Captain Tuttle 01-16-2008 12:10 PM

Cool.

So we have :
Chuck
Jeffus
Bollux
Will'sdad

Anyone else? Maddox? Jerseydad?

chuck 01-16-2008 01:30 PM

Awesome! Ya the battleship is way cool! I spent the night on it with the scouts and got the "real" tour, that ship has seen some wild times! They also have couple of ships on the other side of the river, haven't been to the yet but they look cool.
Ok according to this page it looks like its one of there busier days, no biggie as far as I'm concerned, every time I've been there during the week it's packed with school trip kids, so I figure its always busy, anyone have any input?

Captain Tuttle 01-16-2008 01:35 PM

If we're concerned about crowds would Sunday be better for some? I'm fine with either day really.

On another note, I noticed that our local Acme market sells discounted tickets to the aquarium...might be worth checking out in your neighborhood.

Bollux 01-16-2008 08:01 PM

yes acme has discounted coupons and i think i can get in a total of 6 with my pass....2 adults and 4 kids.

MADDOX626 01-30-2008 05:03 PM

you guys have anything planned?

Daddeo 02-01-2008 01:28 AM

Hi Fellas, you all still going to the aqarium cause I would like to jump on board.

Collin

chuck 02-01-2008 02:46 AM

You bet! This is on in a big way! Everyone is more than welcome for sure! I'm even thinking a case of cold ones and some travel mugs out in the parking lot, let the kids play with the fishies and the dads kick back and smile! If I remember correctly there is a brew shop right in Cherry hill that makes a brew called fish bones or something, I'll find some :)
I'm not to concerned with crowds I've never been there when it wasn't packed, the more kids in there the better, we won't have to worry about our kids acting up since you know everyone will be there with there nutty kids and they will make ours look like angles :)
Come one come all!

Monday February 18th (presidents day)
Time: Not sure yet, before noon I should think
Will need lunch, it go's without saying the food there will be expensive so if we want to bring lunch and eat out in the cars/trucks thats cool too, with a little work we should all be able to park near each other in the parking garage.
Liquid lunch for dad is ok (I'm not telling anyones wife;) )
Possible side trip to the battleship (it's parked directly behind the fish shop)
There is a ferry that can run you across the river to the city, any thoughts on doing that? Don't think time will allow it for those who have a afternoon nap but we can play it by ear, everyone should not feel obligated to do everything, we've all been there with the little ones ;)
My son is Ten and real good with the little kids and always more than happy to help with them, so don't feel bad about letting him help you out so you can have some peace, he enjoys it and is fairly responsible with them and knows when to come get you for help.(he's a scout what can I say)
All ideas and coments welcome lets turn this into some fun guys!

Daddeo 02-01-2008 03:14 PM

Cool beans man just let us in on the details time what plans are to bring lunch etc liquid lunch sounds gooood!!! chugchug:

Bollux 02-01-2008 03:34 PM

maybe i shall bring some of my next batch o brew.

MADDOX626 02-04-2008 04:27 PM

What time are you guys getting to Camden? And how old is everyones kids?