View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 01:49 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I got my bike back from the LBS yesterday. They only had it two days to get it dialed in for a 30 mile road ride this weekend, but it needs an overhaul. I ground 9th gear pretty bad and need a new cassette. It keeps wanting to pop back into 8th because I wore a tooth down. I've been petitioning for a whole new 1x10 groupset with a clutch anyway - the same kind that comes on the current model/year of my 4yo bike. A whole new bike would cost close to $1100 though but the groupset is just under $200.

Meanwhile, I tried bleeding the brakes and changing the brake pads on the rear brake but got some air in the line and contaminated the new pads with some slop. The shop fixed my mistake for $83, all told.

I told them not to look too close. I also remounted the tires as tubeless and the bead on the front tire was all stretched. It's holding pressure but has a wobble. I don't anticipate going faster that 15 mph so the death wobble would still be within the "ejection envelope." I've seen road weenies on skinny tires suddenly go ballistic over 40mph.

Sorry - I really want to see Maverick. Word is there's a scene with an F-14 Tomcat which was my favorite airplane to crawl around back in the day on the carrier. They are dead sexy.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007