Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2021, 05:01 PM
Trophy Husband

Ran my snowblower dry and uncovered the Mustang and took a spin yesterday!
Old 03-23-2021, 07:02 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I painted my son's closet. I'd already thrown out a lot of stuff in there but the walls were all marked up from years of clutter. It's just primer but at some point we're going to have to decide on a color. I also need to replace the ceiling fan.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 03-28-2021, 06:36 PM
Trophy Husband

I discovered an easy way to have my intermittent temperature gauge repaired by someone other than the Ford dealership OR me. Love the interwebz! I discovered this site after doing some research on the 2005 Mustangs GT's issue. Looks like a dashboard gauge issue. The parts are cheap but there is a total breakdown on the cluster to PC board level then the unsoldering and resoldering of the parts that I do every 10 years or so. The video on the website shows me how to remove the cluster in a bout 5 minutes. I then ship the cluster off to the company and they turn it around in about 1 day and return it to me to reinstall fixed and tested for a grand total of $119 which includes round trip shipping. No brainer!This company works on all types of PC boards for cars and appliances. I will report back after I decide when to have the work done.

https://circuitboardmedics.com/musta...luster-repair/
Old 03-29-2021, 11:41 AM
Just Dad

Thanks, Mark. I could have used that for my stove/oven. Bookmarked!
Old 03-29-2021, 12:11 PM
Super Duper Daddy

My wife confuses the hell out of me. We're getting trees taken out and she's talking about building out to increase the size of the kitchen. While I agree that it would be nice and would definitely increase the value of our home at some point we're going to be empty nesters. Maybe she's thinking that with the kids gone and the parents passing away that maybe we really don't need that big house? I don't know...
Old 03-29-2021, 03:57 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
My wife confuses the hell out of me. We're getting trees taken out and she's talking about building out to increase the size of the kitchen. While I agree that it would be nice and would definitely increase the value of our home at some point we're going to be empty nesters. Maybe she's thinking that with the kids gone and the parents passing away that maybe we really don't need that big house? I don't know...
Increase the value of the house now (with super low interest rates if you get a HELOC) so you get more money when you sell it to downsize, seems like a no brainer!
Old 03-30-2021, 12:24 AM
Trophy Husband

The Mark B. household service shakeup was completed today. Changed mobile service over the holidays while all were home by leaving Verizon and going with AT&T. 2 months ago I changed cable providers and went back to Direct TV. And today I fired Frontier Cable today and had Xfinity installed in the home. So far so very good on all fronts.

Also did the usual Monday laundry, food shopping and even had the Mustang's oil changed today.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:30 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tuttle View Post
Increase the value of the house now (with super low interest rates if you get a HELOC) so you get more money when you sell it to downsize, seems like a no brainer!
Makes sense. The weak link has been getting contractors to commit. For all the bellyaching the "small businessmen" have been doing they still seem to want to pick and choose. I was supposed to have a tree trimmer come and give me a big today and he was a no-show.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:38 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Back when Justin was still flipping tables we got this gargantuan thing. Kelly picked used from a local Facebook listing. It's got two leaves (not shown) that make it even bigger. If we even have the Last Supper we're good.

The problem is that there's no room to go around it. You have to turn sideways to walk into the kitchen and you can't open the back door all the way. It was getting so tiresome that Kelly decided to get a new table that is more our size:

I like it a lot. The dark wood is actually wood, not a veneer. It looks like solid planks of walnut lapped together. The top is stained dark, but it's still dark and open grained on the unfinished underside.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:31 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Send a message via AIM to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Yahoo to Captain Tuttle Send a message via Skype™ to Captain Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
Makes sense. The weak link has been getting contractors to commit. For all the bellyaching the "small businessmen" have been doing they still seem to want to pick and choose. I was supposed to have a tree trimmer come and give me a big today and he was a no-show.
Indeed. We're trying to get some work done on the house and it's been a nightmare