Stay at Home Daddad stays home Stay at home Dad Books Available at Amazon

Go Back   Stay at Home Dads Forum > Daddy Stuff > DIY Dads
Register FAQ VB Image Host More Stuff Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2021, 12:48 AM
Trophy Husband

Nice table Kwak. I love round table for eating.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:32 PM
Trophy Husband

Just got my J&J Chinavirus shot! 1 and done!
Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 PM
Super Nice Dad

A little late but I like that table Kwak. Similar color scheme to a table I just refinished. First table the wife and I ever bought at Service Merchandise in around 1995 when we live in Atlanta. Table was made in Thailand but still a solid piece. Sat in my basement for the past 15 years.

HockeySave.com
Old 04-19-2021, 12:36 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B. View Post
Just got my J&J Chinavirus shot! 1 and done!
I got my second Moderna shot on Saturday. I felt fine until I went to bed. Then I got chills and got up several times to void my bladder, leading to dehydration headaches and overall body aches the following morning. Tylenol and lots of water seems to have helped. I feel fine now.

Word is that Pfizer and Moderna will need a 6 month booster followed by annual boosters thereafter. These 2 were supposedly 94% effective against serious symptoms. I don’t buy the “one and done” claim. J&J’s claim to fame was that it would keep you out of the hospital but was less effective, and now it’s been shelved until they figure out this blood clotting complication. I wonder if they are still “tweaking” it too.
Father to Joseph, 3/11/2007
Old 04-19-2021, 12:45 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Dad View Post
A little late but I like that table Kwak. Similar color scheme to a table I just refinished. First table the wife and I ever bought at Service Merchandise in around 1995 when we live in Atlanta. Table was made in Thailand but still a solid piece. Sat in my basement for the past 15 years.
Thanks, Don. It’s nice to be able to open the back door without bumping into something. That whole alcove needs to be fixed though. The subfloor is rotted and it actually extends beyond the foundation.

Like I said before though, we are contemplating on expanding the kitchen anyway. We’re getting some trees chopped down to make room in the coming weeks.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:06 PM
Super Duper Daddy

I did my yard work yesterday because now we have snow on the ground. My wife went into work so I tinkered a little on my guitar build in the driveway; she always complains if I'm making noise or look like I'm having fun during "business hours."
Old 04-27-2021, 11:44 AM
Super Duper Daddy

Looks like my wife's French doors will be delivered tomorrow. I'm told to hit up her friend's husband for assistance since he's recently hung one for his mother and stepdad.

Meanwhile, wife noticed mouse droppings in the kitchen. Said friend's husband is also an exterminator and sent over about 10 rat/mouse bait traps. It seems like overkill but I will put a few under our deck because I'm sure they're in and out through a gap somewhere.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Just Dad

I thought you had a cat? Yeah, my wife found mouse droppings near her desk in her office. I had to set traps, as well. On the plus side, she now cleans her drink and snack food packages out of her office everyday. Before she would fill a kitchen bag about once a month, hence the reason Mickey set-up house in her office.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:10 PM
Super Duper Daddy

Our cat is 20 years old and is spoiled rotten. She’s the one who forwarded complaints about the mice to us, usually at 4am. We work for her, apparently.

In all honesty, they’ve been going after her food and we found a stash under the couch cushions of all places so it isn’t just an annoyance. The simple solution would be to seal her food away overnight but unfortunately cats are inherently nocturnal and you can’t train a geriatric cat out of a routine that has lasted a lifetime. At least, that was the counter argument from my wife when I proposed it several years ago. I have the luxury of being a sound sleeper once I do eventually fall asleep; she is easily roused.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Super Duper Daddy

So the new doors came in and they're a little narrower than I'd prefer but in this case, less is more. I'm committed and can make it work.

They also came prehung with ball bearing/sealed pin hinges so I can't take the unit apart to lug it upstairs piece by piece. I'm not allowing myself to get dejected by this. I phoned a friend who offered to come out and help on Saturday. I feel kind of bad because they had a prior commitment but it sounds like they were looking to get out of it anyway.

Until then, at least I can paint the bookshelves in my wife's office.

I also cleaned up the basement so that I can get some little side projects done down there as well. The only downside is that I need to park in the driveway until we can move the doors out of the garage.